Taylor

Wow, beautiful picture. Love it. :)

Many thanks to all for the kind comments!

how do u do a picture i like this i always wanna shot a portrait n like have there face look like that... mainly there eyes i like there eyes to stand out but cant figure it out any tips...

The absolute must is to make sure the eyes are completely in focus. To help me with this I have my camera set so that there is only one focus point when I look through the viewfinder. When I'm taking a shot, I use that point to focus on the eye, then keep the shutter button halfway down and recompose before firing the shot. In processing I used multiple adustjment layers with curves, contrast/brightness, and hue/saturation to change the tones in the image to get the bright face which made his eyes stand out even more. It also doesn't hurt to come across a person who has amazing eyes. This little guys eyes are unbelievable - they change from blue to green to grey depending on what he's wearing and they have a lot of interesting details in the iris.

kelleylindseyphotography said:
how'd you get the tack sharpness in the eyes with such a busy subject????

Luck! ;) I only get about 5 out of 30 shots of him to actually turn out with sharp eyes. Just have to be quick. In this instance he was standing right underneath me begging me to let him off of the porch and into the yard so he could go about his business of picking up random sticks. :p Using that one focus point does help but sometimes in the recomposing of the shot the kid will move just enough that you lose it. Just shoot and shoot and shoot!

NJMAN said:
Some detail is lost in his face, but the tones are awesome.

Thanks NJ! Yeah I had a few different versions that showed a little more detail but his face is so smooth and they way the light fell on it here there was very little shadowing so whenever I lowered the brightness of it it just looked really grey. So I went with this one. Glad you liked it!

Most reactions

Back