Technical Question

guzziknight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys,

I noticed something interesting yesterday while shooting. When I take my shots, then merge them into HDRs, the HDR looks to have a slightly wider view and has some distortion. I noticed it, because the lens hood I have on my 14mm, doesn't show up in the straight shots, but does in the HDRs. Also, I can see the distortion. I've noticed this before, but it usually isn't an issue. I was just curious if anyone else has noticed this, or is it a factor of my Micro 4/3 system.

1. Original image, non-HDR, processed but not cropped
HighMuseumPano2-2.jpg

2. HDR, not cropped
HighMuseumPano2.jpg

It must be a problem with your lens. Ive taken images that have been put through Photomatix and then after, combined that final image with an original exposed shot if I wanted to fix something I didnt like. They matched perfectly.

SInce you use Lightroom, I suspect this is a Lightroom "Issue" if you use Lens profiles in Lightroom, it will auto-correct for lens distortions and crop the image.
When you take your exposures into the HDR processor first, it doesn't go through that correction

this looks llike a Richard Meyer building. where is it located?

SInce you use Lightroom, I suspect this is a Lightroom "Issue" if you use Lens profiles in Lightroom, it will auto-correct for lens distortions and crop the image.
When you take your exposures into the HDR processor first, it doesn't go through that correction

This is what it looks like to me as well. The first image is cropped relative to the second. Which 14mm?

This is what it looks like to me as well. The first image is cropped relative to the second. Which 14mm?

Panasonic 14mm, Micro 4/3. Shot on an Olympus E-P1.

Good idea, but I don't think that's it. I don't have that feature enabled, and it doesn't even list Panasonic as a brand. When I need to, I do corrections manually.

Most reactions

Back