Teddy and I are going places

Evertking

How do I turn this thing on?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
30b3gbq.jpg

I think there's a great image here, but I think this just misses; can't quite put my finger on it, but something isn't working here, IMO.

I think its the backlighting on the main subject, the sun really distracts in the shot and draws the eye over there whilst the child and bear are shadowed a bit. I'd brighten them up to give the photo more balance and draw the focus back to them.

Agree with all of the above.

I’m also not a fan of the fake softening/blurring of large parts of the image. Just looks cheesy and overdone.

I love the concept and the basic image but as tireiron mentioned ... it just misses the mark. But it certainly brought a smile to my face.

Love the concept. I'd love to see what it looks like without the fake blurring. If it's too busy, a slight crop or light vignette may be better to get the eye to focus on the child.

Love the concept. I'd love to see what it looks like without the fake blurring. If it's too busy, a slight crop or light vignette may be better to get the eye to focus on the child.
That is most of the problem for me ... the sun is too prominent a distraction as it draws one's eye away from the child and Teddy. I recognize that the sun is an important element in the photo, but it is a tad too large for the size and placement of the child.

As the others have posted great concept. Not a fan of the blurring, especially with it being more so on the left than on the right. Is this a composite? The light looks right but the shadows don't.

Rather than blurring background, try opening a layer in Camera Raw filter, use the Radial tool to circle the child then adjust the background using the sliders. You can have multiple radial filters so maybe even one around the sun.

the thing I hate most is the that EVERYTHING has been blurred in post BUT the clouds.

other honorable mentions:
the clouds to the left of frame look waterpainted into place.
the horizon line below them looks crazy.
the radial on the sun over the top.
the kid needs more contrast to stand out against the same colored ground.
not a fan of the color cast -- I these sort of shots as the new trend in social media photography

Most reactions

New Topics

Back