What's new

tell me, before I send them these

mmaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Sep 4, 2013
Messages
6,494
Reaction score
2,991
Location
Wonderland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
just a few picts from the workshop in Brussels.

Light was awful!

If you have something to tell me, tell me now, before I send them these. Thanks!

...I wont send them the last one :)

$brussels_090414_0494 (Large).webp

$brussels_090414_0501 (Large).webp

$brussels_090414_0517 (Large).webp

$brussels_100414_0188 (Large).webp
 
Look a little noticeably processed to me, maybe because of the lighting or it could be how they're showing up on here.

I'm not sure of the point of the woman standing there in #2 but maybe it would make sense to conference participants (and that desk w/someone's hand seems rather cluttered). I like #3 except for the lower left corner where stuff is sitting there - maybe some cropping would clean those up and you'd be good.
 
Thank you Sharon, you confirmed my thoughts exactly.

Yes they are processed a bit more, that was my main concern....but I couldn't do it differently. I tried few things but it just didn't work.

There were daylight, tungsten and fluorescent light. A nightmare to find white and black point. I actually lost my temper editing pictures from the workshop :grumpy:

I see about the lower left corner, I've already cropped it once. The thing is, if I crop more I will lose participants on the right.
The woman and all the rest will make sense to participants.

Thank you again... this many views and you're the only one who commented :hug::
 
Reducing a little exposure should make it look more natural. Then again it depends on the purpose of these photos :)
 
Reducing a little exposure should make it look more natural. Then again it depends on the purpose of these photos :)
oh... I struggled with that too. ... brighten a bit, then brighten down a bit... I just don't know what to think anymore :confused: These were so difficult to edit.. I'll try again to bring down the exposure a bit.

the purpose... I didn't hear when they said that they encourage photographing event... anyway... I'll send them these and they can do whatever... I'll ask them
 
oh... I struggled with that too. ... brighten a bit, then brighten down a bit... I just don't know what to think anymore :confused: These were so difficult to edit.. I'll try again to bring down the exposure a bit. the purpose... I didn't hear when they said that they encourage photographing event... anyway... I'll send them these and they can do whatever... I'll ask them
Try using exposure control. Don't use brightness control. Hope it helps. Still unclear about the event and what are the photos for :P
 
Last edited:
I dont see anything wrong with these.. Sometimes at events like these you just cant "stage" your shots, you just have to do the best you can and i think you did fine..
 
There's a slight green tint to them. If you have lightroom, try dropping the green slider down or carefully adjust the tint (very slightly)
 
Still unclear about the event and what are the photos for :P
oh sorry... I was one of the participants in the Delegation of the European Union's workshop on "Tourism and cultural heritage: the role of local authorities", in Brussels on the 09-11 of April. So I took some pictures while attending... The trouble is, I didn't hear, in the beginning of the workshop that they encourage photographing, I found about that at the end of the workshop... so I took photos acting as a participant, not photographer. If I knew they want to be photographed ( about 15 speakers) I would do things differently. One of my tasks after that workshop is to speak and write about it. They don't expect to receive these pictures because I didn't tell them I do photography. So I don't know what they'll say.

I dont see anything wrong with these.. Sometimes at events like these you just cant "stage" your shots, you just have to do the best you can and i think you did fine..

There's a slight green tint to them. If you have lightroom, try dropping the green slider down or carefully adjust the tint (very slightly)

Virgil said what I want to hear because I'm so annoyed with these pictures. Editing was pain!
Eric, please tell me "It's not you, it's my monitor" because I can't go back to editing colors... I can't! These (all, I posted just a few of them) were the most annoying pictures I ever edited because of wb and color!.... oh....ok... I have to try ;) ... I have Ps6


Thanks guys!
 
oh sorry... I was one of the participants in the Delegation of the European Union's workshop on "Tourism and cultural heritage: the role of local authorities", in Brussels on the 09-11 of April. So I took some pictures while attending... The trouble is, I didn't hear, in the beginning of the workshop that they encourage photographing, I found about that at the end of the workshop... so I took photos acting as a participant, not photographer. If I knew they want to be photographed ( about 15 speakers) I would do things differently. One of my tasks after that workshop is to speak and write about it. They don't expect to receive these pictures because I didn't tell them I do photography. So I don't know what they'll say. Virgil said what I want to hear because I'm so annoyed with these pictures. Editing was pain! Eric, please tell me "It's not you, it's my monitor" because I can't go back to editing colors... I can't! These (all, I posted just a few of them) were the most annoying pictures I ever edited because of wb and color!.... oh....ok... I have to try ;) ... I have Ps6 Thanks guys!

Don't worry too much about it Maria not many people would tell the shift in WB or be bothered by it unless it's for a comp or editorial purposes. It looks fine in general. With a little reduction in exposure it might just turn out better :)
 
At the risk of sounding like I'm suggesting these are BAD (which is NOT what I'm saying...):

Why send these at all?
1. They don't know you do photography, they aren't *expecting* you to send them.
2. You are frustrated by these photos and are likely NEVER going to feel "satisfied" with them.

So--why send something that you aren't satisfied with to someone when you're not under any obligation to do so?
If these were MY photos, and I'd been that frustrated by trying to process them, I would not send them ANYwhere. I'd chalk this one up to experience.
 
Don't worry too much about it Maria not many people would tell the shift in WB or be bothered by it unless it's for a comp or editorial purposes. It looks fine in general. With a little reduction in exposure it might just turn out better :)

comforting to hear....

At the risk of sounding like I'm suggesting these are BAD (which is NOT what I'm saying...):

Why send these at all?
1. They don't know you do photography, they aren't *expecting* you to send them.
2. You are frustrated by these photos and are likely NEVER going to feel "satisfied" with them.

So--why send something that you aren't satisfied with to someone when you're not under any obligation to do so?
If these were MY photos, and I'd been that frustrated by trying to process them, I would not send them ANYwhere. I'd chalk this one up to experience.

and then... a wake up call! :D

Don't worry, I understood what you're saying.

At the end of the workshop we've been told that they want to see the pictures we took. "We highly encourage you to send us the pictures" - their words. People were snapping all the time. Phones and point&shoots. There were people there from 6 countries and speakers from about 10 countries.
Knowing that my pictures, even with mentioned issues, will be probably the best they get, about this particular event, made me want to send them these, regardless of my personal satisfaction.

What I've learn from this experience: If I'm attending an event as a participant, but I have the camera in my purse, I will ask and act as a photographer. Meaning that I'll ask for a portrait after a speaker is done and get up in the middle of the event to take a photo :)
 
exposure -0.55 and -0.40

better?

$brussels_090414_0494ed (Large).webp

$brussels_090414_0517ed (Large).webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom