tell me what you guys think!

hmm its better to show the photos here with tags rather than to link to them (people are lazy)

From what I see I like - the selective colouring on the butterflies work really well and the second shot has a fantasy feel to it. What I find unusual is that when viewed at the large setting on Flickr both shots look very soft which is a shame. I would be interested in knowing what lens you used for each.
Also when dealing with closeup subjects like these two its really helps if you use a smaller aperture (that means bigger F number) to get an increased depth of field - if you start using proper macro lenses are really close ranges you will really need to close down the aperture (f13 and smaller). Lighting is an interseting factor - your exif says the flash did not fire in either case, so you were working in good light for both - closing down the aperture though if you do go for greater depth will cost you light - so using the flash becomes important (often with a diffuser to help breat up harsh light - I use a softbox, but before that I used folded toilet paper - white)

thanks for the reply. i was working with the kit vr lens for the mushroom and a cheap 200mm for the butterflys. im working on getting a flash and a better macro soon so my pictures should be getting better. were can i get the img tag from flicker? thanks again.

Most reactions

Back