What's new

Tell me what you think - sandhill cranes

butterflygirl

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
401
Reaction score
0
Location
Michigan
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently went crane chasing :sexywink: It was a lot of fun. You should have seen me tromping through this corn field and they kept flying away! Too funny!

But I thought this was the best photo for my endeavors - what do you think?

Thanks!

Cranes3.jpg
 
Bad? No, not at all! I think the colours are great, very nice earth colour palette.

There's a lot of depth of field blur that
takes away the attention from the birds. They seem a little lost. Especially with so much space surrounding them.

You have your "edit-button" on green, so if I may suggest an alternative crop?


cranes3.jpg
 
These are some lovely cranes!
You really ran after them?
Wow, that is dedication!
When I was out to photograph cranes (in terrible light, mind you) they used to fly away from me all the while, too.
But I could not follow them or I'd have sunk into the soaked meadows to my knees... :roll: Ours look all different, too.

Your bokeh looks as if it moved. It really distracts. That's why I like Jeroen's edit. It looks like you were somewhere very hot where the air ... what is the word? ... gets kind of funny from the heat. How would you call that in English?
 
Your bokeh looks as if it moved. It really distracts. That's why I like Jeroen's edit. It looks like you were somewhere very hot where the air ... what is the word? ... gets kind of funny from the heat. How would you call that in English?

I guess you would call that heat waves. My husband said the same thing, but it wasn't really warm that day, just sunny and about 50 - 55 degrees. Maybe it has to do with the ground thawing? I'm not sure :D It created a pretty neat effect I thought, even if I wasn't planning it.

Thanks for the crop. I do like that much better. :hail:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom