Tell me what you think

Outdooridaho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum, starting to get more into photography , and trying to get more exposure for the pictures I capture. I was hoping to get some feedback on some of my photos so I uploaded a few from a recent trip . I'm open to any and all advice, I can learn from it all. I've been really interested in learning about using longer exposure times, and I have been trying different things to see what I like the best. I have very limited gear, I'm shooting with a Canon rebel T5 dslr, I only have one lens as of now which limits my shots so I am just working with what I have . Thanks again for any input , I appreciate it .
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome to TPF. Those are some great shots.
Some would say having the limited gear could actually be a benefit since YOU have to make the shot happen vice having sweet gear do it for you.
But I'm a noob as well so I could be totally off....... :p

I'm not real crazy about the heavy black margins.

H
I'm not real crazy about the heavy black margins.
Yea I didn't notice that until I posted them on here, I had to do that to put them on Instagram without compressing and cropping the pictures . Thanks though!

Where are you located in Idaho? I can't place the two waterfalls. The higher one resembles Copper Falls, but only resembles. ???

A good start; they seem very contrasty, and somewhat noisy, especially where it looks like you may have pulled back shadows to even exosure. Consider shooting earlier int he day or later in the evening when the sky is lower and the light more pleasing. High sun = harsh light.

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum, starting to get more into photography , and trying to get more exposure for the pictures I capture. I was hoping to get some feedback on some of my photos so I uploaded a few from a recent trip . I'm open to any and all advice, I can learn from it all. I've been really interested in learning about using longer exposure times, and I have been trying different things to see what I like the best. I have very limited gear, I'm shooting with a Canon rebel T5 dslr, I only have one lens as of now which limits my shots so I am just working with what I have . Thanks again for any input , I appreciate it .

Since no one else has mentioned this I will. The T5 has in camera noise reduction for high ISO- long exposures. It is not something you want to leave on, but for night shots and other long exposures it is a definite plus. See both your manual, and this link for details.
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/585608/Canon-Eos-Rebel-T5i.html?page=126

Where are you located in Idaho? I can't place the two waterfalls. The higher one resembles Copper Falls, but only resembles. ???

I live in nampa, but the top three pictures are from a trip to Australia that I'm on.

A good start; they seem very contrasty, and somewhat noisy, especially where it looks like you may have pulled back shadows to even exosure. Consider shooting earlier int he day or later in the evening when the sky is lower and the light more pleasing. High sun = harsh light.

Thank you for that info! That will be helpful.

Since no one else has mentioned this I will. The T5 has in camera noise reduction for high ISO- long exposures. It is not something you want to leave on, but for night shots and other long exposures it is a definite plus. See both your manual, and this link for details.
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/585608/Canon-Eos-Rebel-T5i.html?page=126
Thanks il have to look into that, that willdefintely help noise reduction.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back