Tell me where they need improvement?

Leilameat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, here are some photos I took. Can you give me any constructive criticism? (is that what the c+c I see here stands for?)
They're kind of crappy quality because they're from a 2mp Coolpix. :p But is there anything that could be better? (I'm sure there is tons, I mean, the question is what. :p)
I hope I get a nice camera soon.:er:
:)grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:...I really love this smiley. :D)

44.jpg

33.jpg

22.jpg

11.jpg

i love the last one! time to get a proper camera for sure

i've been staring at #2 now for like 5 minutes trying to figure out whats going on. looks like some sort of freak alien just hanging out, that woulda been nice up close and sharp

I saw that type of insect in #2 kill a dragon fly its own size. Didnt know they did that.
Actually these are quite good imo, the focus is sharp and lighting good and interesting subjects.
Keep them coming

Wow, thanks guys! :)
I know, #2 scared me when I saw it, so I took a picture. :p It's eating a moth, I believe. Aren't they called robber flies or something?

I really want a new camera. I love wildlife photography.

Wow, I do like those snakes of yours! Small as they are (they're still more "worms" than snakes, heehee ;) ), they are very sharp in those photos. I am not too fond of the direct flash, but I understand that was all you had, and that flash did help you get those sharp photos, so there! The last is good with the snake's tongue out. Very nice POV (point of view - DOF is depth of field, and cc is comments&critique, by the way).

So I guess 3 and 4 show one and the same snake, and the one on Photo 1 is a different one? What snakes are they? (And where in Turkey do you live?)

How bout a warning next time on the title? Sorry, don't like looking at snakes thats all

How bout a warning next time on the title? Sorry, don't like looking at snakes thats all

Sorry. :p Don't see why not? They're beautiful! And they've got dry skin, two eyes, same organs as us (excluding a couple)...No reason to hate them. :)

Sorry. :p Don't see why not? They're beautiful! And they've got dry skin, two eyes, same organs as us (excluding a couple)...No reason to hate them. :)

Its not the skin, the eyes, or the organs that are a concern... its the fangs.

Wow, I do like those snakes of yours! Small as they are (they're still more "worms" than snakes, heehee ;) ), they are very sharp in those photos. I am not too fond of the direct flash, but I understand that was all you had, and that flash did help you get those sharp photos, so there! The last is good with the snake's tongue out. Very nice POV (point of view - DOF is depth of field, and cc is comments&critique, by the way).

So I guess 3 and 4 show one and the same snake, and the one on Photo 1 is a different one? What snakes are they? (And where in Turkey do you live?)

Haha yeah, they are teeny. :) I let both of those go, eventually (native here, don't worry). I have a ball python, too.
Yeah, the lighting could have been better, I'll remember that next time. That actually never occurred to me, so thanks! Thanks also for the definitions.

Yep! 3 and 4 are a grass snake, and 1 is a small dice snake. I live in Istanbul. :)

I don't hate snakes. I used to watch those discovery channel shows all the time or animal planet but lately i've just been a little creeped out about snakes. Don't know why though. Keep having crazy dreams of them ehhh

Then better NEVER come to my home, MohaimenK, never! :D My daughter's got two snakes in her terrarium, and they are very hungry at the moment! Verrrrry ;)

Only the venomous snakes have fangs. The others like my dice and grass just have teeny pin-like teeth. Well, and some larger boas and pythons have some scary teeth, but not fangs. ;P

Only the venomous snakes have fangs. The others like my dice and grass just have teeny pin-like teeth. Well, and some larger boas and pythons have some scary teeth, but not fangs. ;P

A friend of mine had a python... I used to hold it all the time, untill the day I watcher her feed it... HOLY POOP!!!! I thought those things just snuck up, wrapped around their prey, and constricted them... I only knew about half of it. :shock: Anytime I'm around that snake, I make damn good sure that its been feed within the last 48 hours.

The dock we keep our boat at used to be only partially decked, about 40' of it was just open cribs with rock in it. Water snakes used to hide in there by the dozen. In order to get out to the boat you'd have to walk by them... 99 times out of 100 they would scurry away as soon as they saw you.. but every once in a while, you'd sneak up on them and scare them just as much as they scared you. I stepped on one once and got bit in the calf... and bit a second time because my dumb drunk azz though I would be cool and impress a girl by picking one up.... got bit in hip.... Not venomous in the least bit... but that freaking HURTS.

Got bit once by a fox snake... again, had a few too many beers in my and was being stupid... all my fault, but I just know that I don't want to get bit again and with a 1 year old at home, I don't want to give them the chance to bit him either.... If its over a foot long, and in my yard, there's a good chance he's getting the shovel treatment. :whip:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back