Only the venomous snakes have fangs. The others like my dice and grass just have teeny pin-like teeth. Well, and some larger boas and pythons have some scary teeth, but not fangs. ;P
A friend of mine had a python... I used to hold it all the time, untill the day I watcher her feed it... HOLY POOP!!!! I thought those things just snuck up, wrapped around their prey, and constricted them... I only knew about half of it. :shock: Anytime I'm around that snake, I make damn good sure that its been feed within the last 48 hours.
The dock we keep our boat at used to be only partially decked, about 40' of it was just open cribs with rock in it. Water snakes used to hide in there by the dozen. In order to get out to the boat you'd have to walk by them... 99 times out of 100 they would scurry away as soon as they saw you.. but every once in a while, you'd sneak up on them and scare them just as much as they scared you. I stepped on one once and got bit in the calf... and bit a second time because my dumb drunk azz though I would be cool and impress a girl by picking one up.... got bit in hip.... Not venomous in the least bit... but that freaking HURTS.
Got bit once by a fox snake... again, had a few too many beers in my and was being stupid... all my fault, but I just know that I don't want to get bit again and with a 1 year old at home, I don't want to give them the chance to bit him either.... If its over a foot long, and in my yard, there's a good chance he's getting the shovel treatment.