What's new

Tell Me Why Oh Lord Your Crossing Over

CaboWabo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 13, 2011
Messages
513
Reaction score
269
Location
Daytona Beach,Fl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have recently reconnected with some things that make me feel safe and sense of values I kinda lost in my life
12894820654_bcda239b93_c.jpg
 
IMO, this is a picture that will be enjoyable to people who believe as you do and relatively uninteresting to those who don't.
So this isn't so much a picture as your statement.

And the vignettes are way too obvious.
If you have that much space to fill, I think you might better crop the picture.
 
Congratulations...I'm happy for ya. And I dig the ring
 
Thanks The_Traveler could you maybe show me your crop as I really dont know right from wrong in that area
Charlie76 thanks I dig it too my grandfather gave it to me before moving to Chicago and I have not run into any trouble here at all
 
this is a snapshot of something that you'll appreciate.

there are just so many things that you can do differently and make this a photograph and tell us that you really care about it. Why not photograph the ring on your palm/finger? f.e. that cross on your neck? your face don't have to be in the photo, use your body as a background that support the story.

two things/items doesn't photograph well. numbers like 1,3,5 does
 
Why is the cross on a diagonal? It softens the impact of the presentation and it gets lost in the beads.

I think you should cut down on the excess space and soften the vignette.

$12894820654_bcda239b93_cllll.webp
 
And, in retrospect, it's too bright.

This is also an interesting exercise on the effect of the title.
Untitled, you would have gotten more response on the effectiveness of actual picture, I think.
As it is, people are responding to your prefession of belief in the title and may be concerned that any criticism of the image is a personal attack on you.
This is like a mother posting a picture of a child and declaring how much in love she is with the picture.

If you want to be a better photographer and get more honest responses, post pictures and don't influence the response by using a title that impacts the viewers..


$12894820654_bcda239b93_c2222.webp
 
And, in retrospect, it's too bright.

This is also an interesting exercise on the effect of the title.
Untitled, you would have gotten more response on the effectiveness of actual picture, I think.
As it is, people may be responding to your profession of belief in the title and may be concerned that any criticism of the image is a personal attack on you.
This is like a mother posting a picture of a child and declaring how much in love she is with the picture.

If you want to be a better photographer and get more honest responses, post pictures and don't influence the response by using a title that impacts the viewers..


View attachment 69568
 
Thank you Traveler for the ideas and thoughts , I will use your ideas for titles and all you have suggested , I didnt think about someone making a personal attack do to the nature of the title and photo just trying new things and wasnt really thinking about the drama that may come with it Thanks again
 
Title your photo whatever you want. People name their images all sorts of things on here. Personally, I don't use titles because they give the viewer ideas about what they are supposed to be seeing...instead of making up their own mind. Title your art whatever you feel is appropriate...seems to be ok for everyone else around here
 
I didnt think about someone making a personal attack do to the nature of the title and photo

Title your photo whatever you want. People name their images all sorts of things on here. Personally, I don't use titles because they give the viewer ideas about what they are supposed to be seeing...instead of making up their own mind. Title your art whatever you feel is appropriate...seems to be ok for everyone else around here

Not what I meant.
If anything, I think people will be less likely to comment honestly so that they won't insult you or hurt your feelings.
If you want to get encourage honest responses, be neutral about your posts and the titles.
 
Its cool guys I understand both sides no biggie I should have thought before I posted sometimes politics or religion can cause issues or thoughts .It was never the intent to cause harm or start something , Just trying to learn more about framing shooting composition lighting thats all no harm no foul . It was snowing outside and I wanted to try something new
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom