Telling your clients where you order from...

JenLavazza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jenlavazza.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,
I've had clients in the past (and just today) ask me where I order my prints from. Should I be telling them? If not, what do you say?
Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm not a pro but from a business standpoint you're value is in your ability, experience, and what's in your head. Not the piece of printed piece of photo paper you give them. I would share. If their motives are to copy/scan your copyrighted pics then it doesn't matter what you tell them they are going to do what they are going to do, and not telling them the name won't stop them. (This is not condoning what they are doing just noting that it's really inevitable if that is their intention.) Remind them that your photos are copyrighted and any reproduction without your express written consent blah blah blah.

I'm not a pro either, but have shot a few weddings and events. When I get that question, I respond that I have several labs that I use. When they continue to push (usually they dont) I tell them. They realize though that an 8x10 doesn't cost me $25 for instance though and I'm entitled to make money doing what I do.

you should tell them your gonna have to get rid of them if they know where you get your print from.

I just tell them, and usually beforehand as it doesn't matter really, its the work you do on their shoot and the resulting print which they pay you for, if they think its the lab who produces stunning photographs from sooc files they're obviously lacking upstairs. H

I just tell them that I print them through my photo hosting company. If they push, I tell them that the hosting company is zenfolio. I don't feel the need to go on and mention that zenfolio prints through mpix.

If somebody asks for somewhere to print quality photos, I will direct them to MPIX....I just don't connect that mpix is also where I "truly" print from. I don't feel the need in them knowing what it costs ME to print...none of their business really.

I tell them:

"I use several different professional labs, but if you're looking to have some prints made, there are several good online consumer labs. I recommend you check out (insert consumer lab name here/Mpix.com)."

I tell them that I use the best lab in town, possibly the best lab in Western Canada, which is true.

+1 to what KmH said.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back