Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen, and Forbidden City Architecture (Part 1)

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am so excited that after three days of going back and forth to these locations (around a 40 minute bus drive!) all my work finally paid off! I probably took around 500 pictures of both architecture and street life. Stay tuned for the street life thread AND more night architecutre! :)

I kind of experimented with black and white conversions as well. I thought it fit the pictures well, given that these buildings are hundreds of years old!

Enjoy! Comments are welcome.

P.S. Do you notice a hidden CAMERA in one of the pictures? :mrgreen: Yeah, it was on a 10 foot long tripod of some sort with no one even using it. wondering if I should clone it out ... hahaha

Temple of Heaven 1 by echoyjeff222, on Flickr

Temple of Heaven 2 by echoyjeff222, on Flickr

Skyline from Jingshan Park (amazing view):

Forbidden City by echoyjeff222, on Flickr

Last edited:
Where did you take #3 from? I like them all very much and know where you took them from, but can't figure out where you were in #3.

I was at the top of Jingshan Park, which is across the street from the back door of the Forbidden City. It's about a 10 minute hike up to the top, but it is totally worth it. There were like 30+ people the day that I went -- it was actually a clear day, for the first time in awhile! You can see 360 degrees all around the city.

I had no idea the park provided this vantage point. Beautifully done. I'm consistently amazed at the wonderful photography opportunities in China. Do you live in Beijing or visiting? Thanks!

Just visiting my grandparents for a few weeks :) What about you? You should go there if you have a chance, although pick a good day so that there's more visibility!

We own an apartment in the Changping District, Dongxiaokou Town (my wife is Chinese) and are there often but live in the US. Good visibility days are rare in Beijing. You were very fortunate. I will go to that point and try for myself. But, I seriously doubt I'll capture what you did.

Good luck!

I was wondering if someone could possibly clone out the umbrella in the temple of heaven picture .. or does it add to the touristy feeling? I just noticed it >.<

Most reactions

Back