15 days.
3972 miles.
5 States.
10,974 images.
186 gigs of drive space.
1 dead D7000.

And here's the first quick-n-dirty from the whole she-bang:

SilencedHymnsPostT.jpg

I wish I could enjoy a trip like that... but I can't stand sitting in the car that long.

Averaged 265 miles a day... not bad in my book. 5 hours of driving, the rest of the time out shooting.

Nice! I hope to be able to do some serious traveling and photography one of these days

Did something like that on a motorcycle a couple of years ago. Nashville to Phoenix by way of Colorado and Utah. I can relate! It is something everyone should do from time to time.

Awesome. I did a cross country trip when I moved from San fran to CT. I took the southern route and enjoyed it very much. I look forward to seeing more captures from your trip.

Awesome shots so far, sparky! What a fabulous old church. And I especially like the tractor graveyard; what state was that in? Looks like something straight from the hills of East TN! Well, actually it's far too neat and organized to be from TN. If it was from here, it would be twenty old tractors out in the field, along with a dozen old cars in various states of completeness, next to house with a porch--on the porch would be an old refrigerator, one of the seats from the various nonworking cars, and an old toilet. And possibly a rocking chair containing a 68-year-old hillbilly with a shotgun. :lmao:

I wish I could enjoy a trip like that... but I can't stand sitting in the car that long.

Well, of course not silly--you have to SIT when sitting in the car! :lmao:
I'm sooo sorry, I just couldn't help myself. :D

The tractors are in Nebraska.

Thanks for describing your house, though. Now I know where you live! :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back