Temps

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
  • Weather-sealed at ten points around the barrel for weather and dust resistance; operates as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit \ -10 degrees Celsius

That is funny as hell. It was 8 degrees last night and winter is just starting.

It is listed on a fuji lense.

Did i just never notice these disclaimers before? Are cameras only meant for warmer climates now? What i miss??

Even though my X-T3 and three of my XF lens are WR, I`d never go out in the rain. Plus if it`s too cold the camera stays in the bag :)

"Tips on photographing in sub-zerotemperatures. Nikon cameras are designed to work under specific operating temperatures. To confirm the operating temperatures for your camera, please refer to your cameras User manual. In the majority of cases, these temperatures are between 0 to +40 degrees C (+32 to +104 degrees F)."

Ha ha ha ha

FB_IMG_1544043521822.jpg

"Nikon cameras are designed to work under specific operating temperatures. To confirm the operating temperatures for your camera, please refer to your cameras User manual. In the majority of cases, these temperatures are between 0 to +40 degrees C (+32 to +104 degrees F)."
Well, there you go.

Because modern cameras are a combination of precision optics and sensitive electronics, they can't take extremes of temperature.

There are ways to use your camera in cold weather, but the manufacturers' user's manuals will not sanction it.

So now 0 Celsius is extreme? [emoji23][emoji23]

This cant even be reality. Anyone that lives in a colder climate wouldnt have a camera. And if a camera can't work at zero degrees what the crap are they manufacturing? Clearly some kinda junk. Most things are expected to work in low temps. This is right up there with the "weather sealing". I ran water proof lines all the way through my old boat trailer with new lights. $150. 50 feet of sealed wire prolly. So obviously i can submerge it in water easier. They have under water water proof cameras pretty cheap. But then they sell weather resistant like they performed some kind of miracle and the camera shouldnt be used in cold temps. What a joke,

"Nikon cameras are designed to work under specific operating temperatures. To confirm the operating temperatures for your camera, please refer to your cameras User manual. In the majority of cases, these temperatures are between 0 to +40 degrees C (+32 to +104 degrees F)."
Well, there you go.

Because modern cameras are a combination of precision optics and sensitive electronics, they can't take extremes of temperature.

There are ways to use your camera in cold weather, but the manufacturers' user's manuals will not sanction it.
Yes.

I think the manufacturers already know how to make way better cameras and at decent price points. They just don't want to. Part of their business models

Most reactions

New Topics

Back