What's new

Test Shots for 85mm 1.8G

jenko

TPF Supporters
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
652
Location
NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My 85mm 1.8G arrived today! :)

Not the best weather conditions, unfortunately. Very overcast and freezing. However, so far I really like how this lens handles and it is super light. My daughter just bought Nugget a new halter and lead rope, so I tagged along on a walk and got a few shots before my hands started to burn from the cold and I had to call it quits (I'm a wimp in the cold.)







 
That last shot is SOLID!!!!!!!! Wonderful B&W shot.
 
Really, the only one I don't like is #2 - it just seems 'forced' to me.

The rest are well done, especially #4. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be between #1 and #4...
 
Really nice. I like 2 the best but really wish you got the horses eyes in the frame as well. Good test run for sure.
 
The last shot is definitely the best. Youre teasing me though, I want this lens soooooo bad. Where did you get yours and how much did you pick it up for?
 
Thanks everyone for the comments! Appreciate them. The last shot was also my favorite.

Shipman--I got it off amazon for $496. I think you can get it a little cheaper from Adorama or B&H but B&H is not taking orders? At least they were not for the few days when I wanted to order ... Anyway, I have had bad experiences with Adorama shipping my orders, so I just went with Amazon. They are pretty reliable with shipping and returns.
 
I hope you plan on getting a print of it. The bigger the better.

tbh, I didn't expect to get any keepers! The 85 is surprisingly easy to handle and very light. I'm really looking forward to seeing what it can do! :)
 
I hope you plan on getting a print of it. The bigger the better.

tbh, I didn't expect to get any keepers! The 85 is surprisingly easy to handle and very light. I'm really looking forward to seeing what it can do! :)
Haha - well, that one definitely is a keeper.

Have you ever had any 'metal prints' made? They're printed on a sheet of aluminum. I've been getting them from AdoramaPix, and they look really good, especially in the larger sizes. I had a sweet discount code for something like 40% off on them, but it was only good for 2013...


Print big or go home, that's my new motto, lol.
 
Last edited:
Looks like that lens is going to give you some great results. Like everyone else has said, that last shot REALLY works.
 
Have you ever had any 'metal prints' made? They're printed on a sheet of aluminum. I've been getting them from AdoramaPix, and they look really good, especially in the larger sizes. I had a sweet discount code for something like 40% off on them, but it was only good for 2013...


Print big or go home, that's my new motto, lol.

I have never had a metal print made, but I saw one at a show in Chicago last year and it was an interesting effect. It worked well with the piece being shown, which was an arial cityscape, very cool. I agree on printing BIG. I usually either print big or tiny. There's something about a tiny image with tons of matting and a black frame that just appeals to me. I also do some diptychs and triptychs. Those are quite expensive to frame but have a unique look.
 
I like them all Jenko. My wife would love them too - anything to do with animals and I may need one of those camo hoodies for wifey ;)
 
Thank you very much for the info.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom