What's new

Test Shots for 85mm 1.8G

YES, it is light in weight. I just spent a few minutes comparing some 85mm primes for weight:

Canon 85/1.2-L Mk II 36.16 oz (1,025 grams)


Canon 85/1.8 EF 15 oz. (425 grams)


Nikkor 85/1.8-G 12.4 oz (325 grams)


Nikkor 85/1.4-G 23.3 oz (660 grams)


Vivitar 85mm f/1.8 in Canon EF mount, 2.00 lbs. (907 grams) only $124.95


Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 Aspherical 1.4 lbs (0.64 kg) $ 299.95


Bower 85mm f/1.4 1.19 lbs (539 grams) 3.3ft 1M MFD, 72mm filt,7/9, 3.1" long $269


ProOptic 85mm f/1.4 Aspherical $239.95
 
I may need one of those camo hoodies for wifey ;)

It's the She line by Realtree. Bass Pro. ;)





YES, it is light in weight. I just spent a few minutes comparing some 85mm primes for weight:

Nikkor 85/1.8-G 12.4 oz (325 grams)

Wow, even lighter than my 60D, which is 434 grams. Actually it is the same weight as my 28mm! Weight does matter to me because I have a fussy rotator cuff. If I spend long periods of time holding the camera up and steady, it can bother my rotator cuff. Strange, but very true. My 105mm almost always triggers it when I'm using it handheld.
 
Absolutely love the last picture. Looking forward to picking up an 85mm of my own
 
The 4th photo to me is the strongest, such a wonderful natural expression on the girls face. I'm not sure if black and white adds much to it, I'd be interested to see it in colour. The weakest I would have to say is the 2nd, the way her chin is stretched out elongating her neck looks unnatural and awkward, also I don't think the crop on the left side looks right (not sure exactly why, just what I'm feeling).

I just got the 85mm 1.8G for Christmas and it's my favorite lens, damn sexy piece of equipment.
 
nice! I really like the last one. The girl's expression looks so real where in #2 it looks forced
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom