Testing out an idea ***maybe NWS??**

maybe cause you post pics of yourself either nude or undressed

Attempted to fix lighting, and what if I was feeling sad this day??? :)

IMG_4477_BW_edit_SMALL_3.jpg

IMG_4488_BW_edit_smal2.jpg

IMG_4511_edit_BW_SMALL_esposure+.jpg

sorry!

i think these are very unattractive.

are all the above posts from males?

Well then Jols, how would YOU make them better?? If you dont like them fine, but please offer some constructive criticism. thats why I put them up here.

i did not know what the warning was.

my constructive criticism is its unflattering to you and they are dark and not at all sharp.

ah thanks didnt have a clue

NSFW = Not Safe for Work

Thank you for the clarification for the people who were "unclear". Also **NUDE** usually means people are going to be nude. Just in case more clarification was needed on that part.

But I digress, Thank you for the criticism. I tried lightening them up a bit.

i know the pic is small but the lighting on your avatar looks spot on.

The work you did with the lighting is a vast improvement. I've only recently come back to the forum, and I've seen a lot of your posts--the progress you've been making with these self portraits is fantastic. The second image in your second set is my favorite--your expression is vulnerable but your body language guarded (and I think the lighting is fantastic).

[I'm not sure if you'd be interested, but seeing as how you're working as your own model, maybe you'd like to look into the work of Cindy Sherman. There is a lot you can do with self portraits.]

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

The work you did with the lighting is a vast improvement. I've only recently come back to the forum, and I've seen a lot of your posts--the progress you've been making with these self portraits is fantastic. The second image in your second set is my favorite--your expression is vulnerable but your body language guarded (and I think the lighting is fantastic).

[I'm not sure if you'd be interested, but seeing as how you're working as your own model, maybe you'd like to look into the work of Cindy Sherman. There is a lot you can do with self portraits.]

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

Thank you very much for you observations and suggestion. I will take a look! :)

I'm going to have to throw my opinion in here. I am a fan of your work mostly but I don't think these are breathtaking. Not that I need to be in awe every time I look at a photo but here's what is bothering me (that has nothing to do with lighting.

The first and second shots make your legs and knees look larger than they probably are and to me aren't in a flattering position. The third shot head position looks natural but a bit unflattering in a camera position kind of way. I think tilting the head down and perhaps the chin more toward the forward shoulder might have done it for me.

I think you are stunning and very willing to try things. I just didn't feel this series. Sorry. Keep up the good work and please remember that it's just one man's opinion.

BTW - I love the avatar!

I agree with dpolston and have to add that I don't find the pose in #3 natural. The head/shoulder part looks weird. It's great to see you try and putting yourself out there, but these are no winners to me.

pascal

Much of my thoughts have already been mentioned. Always a fan of your "tests".

One other thought I had would be to have someone else behind the camera and let you only have to worry about being the model. My contact details are ...........................

Much of my thoughts have already been mentioned. Always a fan of your "tests".

One other thought I had would be to have someone else behind the camera and let you only have to worry about being the model. My contact details are ...........................

I wish I had someone I could trust to due that!! However I much prefer to be the one behind the camera!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back