Testing out the new camera

kiwi314

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The first two don't do much for me. (my feelings are neither bad nor good).

The third one is under exposed and needs fill flash. Also, the fingers and the left hand are cut off.

The first two don't do much for me. (my feelings are neither bad nor good).

The third one is under exposed and needs fill flash. Also, the fingers and the left hand are cut off.

Thanks! How would the first two be better?
Yeah, you're right about the third. Unfortunately I don't have an external flash yet. If it was in RAW it wouldn't be as much of a problem to boost the brightness more, but I was afraid to lose quality with it being a JPEG. Haha, right after posting, I noticed too that his hand was cut off, ah! It is my poor husband who was getting tired of being my model and was anxious to leave, so I rushed my composure too much.

I clicked on your flickr account and the one with the girl turned around is the best of those. And the best of your husband is the other one on the stairs where you are shooting down on him. That's just my opinion.

On the d750 ISO is your friend. Don't be afraid to push the ISO up (or put it on AUTO ISO with a MAX at 6400 or above) then # 3 would have been more properly exposed.

Even though in LightRoom you can pull out details in darkness you still want to try and get it right in camera, as the more post processing like that you do the more noise is introduced.

On the d750 ISO is your friend. Don't be afraid to push the ISO up (or put it on AUTO ISO with a MAX at 6400 or above) then # 3 would have been more properly exposed.

Even though in LightRoom you can pull out details in darkness you still want to try and get it right in camera, as the more post processing like that you do the more noise is introduced.

Will do, thank you! I totally agree about getting it right in camera. I'm having to work on getting faster at adjusting my exposure, as i'm making myself shoot in manual all the time to really get it down.

in Manual I keep ISO on AUTO with the MAX settings.

Then that allows me to select the Apertured (DOF) & Shutter speed that I want for the photo/event. Then let ISO control the rest so I don't get too slow. I used to do Manual for Aperture/ Shutter & ISO but after you learn alot that way I just wanted to be faster and used the Auto ISO.

Will do, thank you! I totally agree about getting it right in camera. I'm having to work on getting faster at adjusting my exposure, as i'm making myself shoot in manual all the time to really get it down.
My recommendation would be to set the camera to auto iso, in manual mode you can adjust the shutter speed using one command dial, the aperture using the other, and the camera will automatically pick the I so needed for correct exposure.

It allows you to adjust quickly on the fly, if you think your iso is to high just decrease your aperture number or your shutter speed till you get a combo you like

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback guys! That definitely sounds way faster. I think what I will do is work on manual for all three for a while longer until I feel comfortable with it, and then i'll allow myself auto ISO. Sometimes, however, I like the control to make the photo darker or brighter than what the camera think it ought to be. Then again... as long as it is close, it would be faster and easier probably just leave ISO auto and to edit it up/down the extra stop or two to what I like in post processing.
With my old camera, I often shot in Program mode and mainly just adjusted the exposure wheel when I wanted to change the exposure. That was quite speedy, too, but gave you less control.

You can also control the exposure by using the Exposure button, then dial to increase/decrease the exposure.

it's probably a button (and in the Viewfinder and on the LCD) that shows a square with half in white and half black with +/- in it too. It comes in handy.

just looked at a pic .. on the d750 it's the button closest to the strap ring on top. It also has a green dot next to it.

You can also control the exposure by using the Exposure button, then dial to increase/decrease the exposure.

it's probably a button (and in the Viewfinder and on the LCD) that shows a square with half in white and half black with +/- in it too. It comes in handy.

just looked at a pic .. on the d750 it's the button closest to the strap ring on top. It also has a green dot next to it.

Ah, I will love you forever for teaching me that! I love all the control you can take over this camera! I keep learning more and more how easy it is to use this. My other one was so limiting. Thanks a bunch!!

Most reactions

Back