Testing SD/CF card integrity on a Mac???

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So on a photography Facebook group, someone posted about a week ago, a program that he uses to run tests on his CF cards, to make sure there isn't any corruption on them.

I finally decided that I was going to download it and try it aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnndddddd......

.exe

Ugh.

Can't run it. It's a Windows based software.

Do any of you Mac users have any suggestions of software that you like that can test the integrity of your SD/CF cards?

I have no idea but I'm interested to see if anyone has a good suggestion! I've never thought about testing card integrity... but it seems like a good idea!

I have no idea but I'm interested to see if anyone has a good suggestion! I've never thought about testing card integrity... but it seems like a good idea!

I haven't either.

And then I saw a post in ANOTHER group about a girl who lost an engagement session due to a corrupt card, and I was like, "Maaaaaaaybeeeee.... I should start checking that. I've had these cards for a while..." :lol:

I don't shoot anything that can't really be reshot, but there are large expenses with every shoot I do, and I don't want to have to pay those out of pocket to reshoot... so. Yeah.

Each time a memory card is formatted part of the process checks for bad memory sectors and flags the bad ones as unusable.

I haven't either.

And then I saw a post in ANOTHER group about a girl who lost an engagement session due to a corrupt card, and I was like, "Maaaaaaaybeeeee.... I should start checking that. I've had these cards for a while..." :lol:

I don't shoot anything that can't really be reshot, but there are large expenses with every shoot I do, and I don't want to have to pay those out of pocket to reshoot... so. Yeah.

Buuuuuuut.... aren't you shooting to two cards?

Each time a memory card is formatted part of the process checks for bad memory sectors and flags the bad ones as unusable.

So that happens in-camera??

I haven't either.

Buuuuuuut.... What does it matter how many cards in shooting? If I lose any portion of the shoot, I need to reshoot.

I haven't either.

Buuuuuuut.... What does it matter how many cards in shooting? If I lose any portion of the shoot, I need to reshoot.

Nono, like two at a time. One for main and one for backup. I do that. So if one is corrupted I still have a copy of all the files.

I haven't either.

Nono, like two at a time. One for main and one for backup. I do that. So if one is corrupted I still have a copy of all the files.

And where do you suggest I stick the second card? Up my butt? Or am I supposed to just shove it in right behind the first one and hope that it doesn't break the camera? :lol: :lol:

Don't assume every camera is dual card. I only have a slot for a CF card in my 5DMKII :sexywink:

I haven't either.

And where do you suggest I stick the second card? Up my butt? Or am I supposed to just shove it in right behind the first one and hope that it doesn't break the camera? :lol: :lol:

Don't assume every camera is dual card. I only have a slot for a CF card in my 5DMKII :sexywink:

Oh! My apologies. No... I don't think the whole "up my butt" idea would do much for you...

I haven't either.

Oh! My apologies. No... I don't think the whole "up my butt" idea would do much for you...

:biglaugh: :lol:

No, not so much...

I haven't either.

No, not so much...

Unless you're into that sort of thing...

No, not so much...

I mean... I'm not.

No, not so much...

I mean... I'm not.

Haha I think I've derailed your thread enough [emoji12][emoji23][emoji23]

No, not so much...

I mean... I'm not.

Haha I think I've derailed your thread enough [emoji12][emoji23][emoji23]

Eh. I've seen worse. [emoji23]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back