Tests with New Panorama Head

Chris Stegner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bluegrassphotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I finally broke down and bought a Pano Head. Bought a Manfroto303. I've been shooting panoramics for about 3 years now and been manually rotating with semi-descent results, but I just wasn't happy with the finals.

Here's 2 shots of my backyard shot with my 5D, Sigma 12-24 at 12mm. 12 shots at 30 degree increments.

I'm not happy with the sky (blown out) but it's pretty difficult to expose for the garden and the sky both. Looking for a real nice "puffy cloud" day.

I'd love to hear some comments. Thanks!

BackyardPano-4.jpg

BackyardPano-9.jpg

Nice backyard.

The middle/top looks great but the distortion at the bottom isn't my cup of tea. I'd prefer to shoot panos with a lens that has less WA distortion.

Nice backyard.

The middle/top looks great but the distortion at the bottom isn't my cup of tea. I'd prefer to shoot panos with a lens that has less WA distortion.

Hey Big Mike, I agree with the warped sections bugging you on these flattened versions. I actually shot these to try some Quicktime VR. You can see the VR Movie here (still tweeking the codec on the QTVR movie so it's kind of odd):

http://www.bluegrassphotography.net/PhotoForumImages/05-03-09-BackyardPano-1-2_out.mov

Most reactions

Back