What's new

Texture question

sunbeam

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 20, 2009
Messages
83
Reaction score
0
I'm just learning how to make texture layers in pse7. I am wondering how you place the texture just on the background and not ppl in a portrait? Thanks!
 
Yup, layer masking.
 
ok, noob question (yet again) what is layer mask? The steps I take to add texture is to open pic, open texture, drag txt, hit ctrl T.. stretch it out across pic and then adjust opacity and such. Is that a layer mask? I don't think I see anything in there that says layer mask.. ? but I might have just overlooked it. Thanks for those who responded! :)
 
Untitled-1copy.jpg


select the texture layer and hit the little button that the red arrow is pointing toward.
then color that layer with black and white. I can never remember which is which, but one will make the layer invisible, and the other will make it visible. if you need more explanation, just go on youtube and type in layer mask. I'm sure there are a billion videos on there about layer masking.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom