Textures

Thanks Robert and MissDaisy....really appreciate the feedback!

4399927251_89e1df489f_b.jpg

I LOVE texture/abstract photos! People miss so much when they don't take time to look close!

Dried mud is a favorite:

4399971657_ddff08b17a.jpg

Tree stumps:

4400736468_e1af5c09a7.jpg

The bark of our native Valley Oaks:

4399971297_813308939f.jpg

I agree sojourn! Here's some cool looking bark I found on a hike in Yosemite:

4400007165_737322fe5a_b.jpg

wow these are great photos! I am glad I made this thread.

people look at me weird when I'm taking closeups of the ground or park benches and the like ;)

I agree sojourn! Here's some cool looking bark I found on a hike in Yosemite:

That looks like the bark of a Ponderosa tree, they look like a big jigsaw puzzle. Beautiful trees.

wow these are great photos! I am glad I made this thread.

people look at me weird when I'm taking closeups of the ground or park benches and the like ;)

Yes, I am glad you made this thread, also. I have a whole folder dedicated to my 'abstract' images. Water, wood, mud and rust...all have a place amongst my favorites.

Some of my best were back in my Canon T-50 days, heaven help me find the negatives, but a truck parked along side the road, carrying peeler core poles had the best images to capture, one end had the flat tops with the wood grain and the other end had the sharpened points.

This last image is not quite a macro shot, but is still a great study in texture and color. It is a rusty and bare bank of our beautiful Shasta Lake during a dry spell. The texture and color was just begging for a capture.

4401882662_7c2faf0b7f.jpg

Most reactions

Back