Thai Buddha

3DThrills

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think it needs a weak fill light, just enough to add a little form to the shadows.
I also want to mount an emerald in the front of his crown.

thaibuddha4.png

Hello and welcome, lovely light... :encouragement:
Thank you.
I just set up my mini-studio and that's the first pic.
I will soon make a video on my el-cheapo continuous lighting setup.
My 43" Toshiba died a few days ago and I realized it would make a good base for photos.

Howdy and welcome! Even as is, it is a very nicely done shot. The reflection helps make the shot.
Hi, thank you.
I have a packet of gold leaf somewhere, I'm thinking of gilding his crown and I have an Emerald that I want to mount there.
I imported this Buddha over 20 years ago when I was collecting antiquities and thought it was exquisite.
It wasn't until I wanted to test out the new lights and camera that I decided to try and clean the black film on the statue.
It felt harder than dirt and didn't react much until I mixed 91% alcohol with coconut oil.
I've always been afraid to try and clean it up because of the stories of people destroying the patina and the value and when the q-tip started dissolving the hard black film I got scared and wiped the spot with a cloth.
It looked amazing. It was tedious but rewarding seeing the transformation.
Doing the whole statue with the q-tips would prove to be kind of grueling but envisioning the finished product made the work enjoyable.
I probably ruined some lost, priceless artifact, but I love it even more now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back