The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was going over some pictures from a trip to Thailand several years ago. All shot with D70 and 18-70 in and around Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Anyone who has ever been to South Asia can attest that it is a photographer's dream.

p835374096-5.jpg

p704671659-5.jpg

p999806664-5.jpg

p668592273-5.jpg

Lucky dog. I can't wait to bring my girl and her parents there someday.....

Love these, I really like travel photography or images from exotic land, near or far.

The second image is great. I really like the tight crop and the range of tones. I like the way you've filled the frame but not so much that I can't tell what the subject is.

Thanks all for the comments.
These weren't taken in Isaan province but between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai.
I've been through Isaan only once, staying in Nong Khai on my way from Laos.
I do have some pictures from there and I'll put them on my site and add a link there.

Thanks again.

Lew

Last edited:
These are great!

I've been to Phuket, it was definitely a great experience.

Neat set, Lew. My picks are the two colour images – I really like the colour pallette you chose for them. (That being said, I think #4 is a great candidate for a B&W conversion.)

I like all the three except the tight cropped one; seeing the place, i must say Kerala is very much similar to this place in geologically and in lifestyle.... the same green paddy field, the same farmers, but our buffaloes are not so huge ;)

Regards :D

Thanks again for the comments.
The water buffalo are big - and smelly and not so pleasant to strangers.

p744290466-5.jpg

Nice travel set, as I really enjoyed viewing them. My only issue is that picture 3 seems a little out of focus, and picture 1 is larger then my screen.

Nice travel set, as I really enjoyed viewing them. My only issue is that picture 3 seems a little out of focus, and picture 1 is larger then my screen.

#3 is not very sharp, true. My first trip with a real camera and even that camera exceeded my ability to use it. FYI, the exif are f16, 1/60, ISO 200 lens is 18-70 shot at 50 mm.
Is it only #1 that is too big?
A bit of an odd occurrence; they were all exported at same max parameters from LR.

Yes, just picture 1 is larger then my screen. No biggie, just something I rarely run into here on TPF.

My prime lens is the 18070 mm f3.5. It's a great piece of glass.

the first one is good...keep on rockin'...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back