Thank god for kodachrome

Rick50

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I drove out to Bryce Canyon Utah before sunrise and managed to hit 4 deer. 3 got knocked to the ground and all jumped up and ran off. I continued on and got some photos. Boy am I glad I did. This has been in a storage box since. This was almost 30 years ago.

Nice picture.

I was much more "into" photography in my Kodachrome years (40 years ago).

Nice picture.

I was much more "into" photography in my Kodachrome years (40 years ago).
My opinion was that it was the best film available. It sure worked for me. :)

K25 still rules. Too bad the King is dead.

kodachrome_06.jpg

Joe

I loved Kodachrome 64, and Kodachrome 64 Professional. I never liked the slow speed of Kodachrome 25--too much wind blurring on stuff with that slow of a speed.

I really liked the color balance of K25; I always thought K64 was shifted a bit red.

Tri-X was always good; a bit grainy, but it could be pushed nicely to ISO 1200. However my favorite B&W was Panatomic X @ ISO 32. Just stunning and extremely fine-grained.

Yeah!!!! A film so,so legendary, it had its own SONG written about it! I remember loving that song. i never felt so rich as when I would buy a "brick" of Kodachrome 64 Professional (20 whole rolls of 36 shots each! Woo-hoo!). My favorite trip with Kodachrome was to the 1986 incarnation of the Walla Walla Stampede, a big hot air balloon festival held every year in eastern Washington's gorgeous Palouse region, with rolling hills planted in gorgeous, green wheat!

Does Paul still pay a royalty to Kodak?

I loved Kodachrome 64, and Kodachrome 64 Professional. I never liked the slow speed of Kodachrome 25--too much wind blurring on stuff with that slow of a speed.

I'll grant you the slow speed of K25 could be a challenge at times. It's been so long ago now but I recall that K64 always seemed too contrasty and the colour rendering of K25 seemed more natural. For work I always had to deliver images fairly quickly, so it had to be E6.

Most reactions

Back