THANK YOU - and please C&C

ok full frame NO PP done

except for the crop.

This has a decided magenta cast to me. and that crop would seem more direct if it was 4 x 5.

6778386298802c4779d3bll.jpg

THANK YOU. I've cropped prior and get opinions like: too tight. I do like your version better though. Can you please tell me what you did to change the tone

SInce I'm on I'm just gonna take a guess at what Lew did. I know I would have started by adjusting the sliders in the white balance. The temperature and tint slider.
What kind of editing software do you have? Like I said I just guess at what Lew did he will obviously have a better answer:lmao:

except for the crop.

This has a decided magenta cast to me. and that crop would seem more direct if it was 4 x 5.

THANK YOU. I've cropped prior and get opinions like: too tight. I do like your version better though. Can you please tell me what you did to change the tone

SInce I'm on I'm just gonna take a guess at what Lew did. I know I would have started by adjusting the sliders in the white balance. The temperature and tint slider.
What kind of editing software do you have? Like I said I just guess at what Lew did he will obviously have a better answer:lmao:

i have lightroom 3 and CS5

again i had the shakes on this one - BUT did no PP (maybe on the one that i should have) - go figure

Those are the exact ones I have too! Open it up in LR (those were the sliders I was talking about) and see if you can get close to what Lew did.

I'm still learning CS5 and dont have it on my currently newly fixed laptop like I had so I can't even open it to see lol

Those are the exact ones I have too! Open it up in LR (those were the sliders I was talking about) and see if you can get close to what Lew did.

I'm still learning CS5 and dont have it on my currently newly fixed laptop like I had so I can't even open it to see lol

currently at work - will do so tonight

LOVE all your animals becky!!!!!!

except for the crop.

This edit is awful Traveller, come on. She's yellow!

Removed slight magenta cast and brightened a touch-

Nice one Rosy, its sweet. A little tight on the crop, but looks sharp and you did a great job with the glasses, they can catch a glare sometimes.

except for the crop.

This edit is awful Traveller, come on. She's yellow!

Removed slight magenta cast and brightened a touch-

Nice one Rosy, its sweet. A little tight on the crop, but looks sharp and you did a great job with the glasses, they can catch a glare sometimes.

what did you use
lightroom 3 or cs5

would yo have cropped it like the traveler? remove the bottom portion

i know the side cropping is tight

I like it as is but it does seem longer than normal so I'd probably crop in as well.

I use CS4, I can show you how I color balance if you'd like.

I like it as is but it does seem longer than normal so I'd probably crop in as well.

I am willing to learn ANYTHING AND EVERYTING ;-)

can you CC the ones i posted this morning

With a portrait one tends to crop as close to a standard dimension as one can for three reasons:

1. because people are used to seeing standard dimensions and a non-standard one draws attention to itself
  2. so that the purchaser won't have to buy a custom frame and most important,
  3. in this specific shot, cropping it long includes not much of anything important but does include that hand popping up at the bottom that drwas attention.
Bossy, your help would have more authority if you have ever shown any work that looks like you know what you talk about - or even just share your web site so we all can see the expertise that you splash about so freely.

Come one, Bossy, let's see the web site.

With a portrait one tends to crop as close to a standard dimension as one can for three reasons:
  1. because people are used to seeing standard dimensions and a non-standard one draws attention to itself
  2. so that the purchaser won't have to buy a custom frame and most important,
  3. in this specific shot, cropping it long includes not much of anything important but does include that hand popping up at the bottom that drwas attention.
Bossy, your help would have more authority if you have ever shown any work that looks like you know what you talk about - or even just share your web site so we all can see the expertise that you splash about so freely.

Come one, Bossy, let's see the web site.

I honestly don't care if *you* think I have authority. It doesn't take a genius to see that you don't take criticism well, whether its your own image or an edit, or that your image was warm.

As for my website, I have a portfolio website I'm still working on. No you may not see it at this point in time. Feel free to stalk my posts and see the few threads I've posted with images though.

Bossy,

I don't remember you ever saying anything either original or enlightening on any images including mine.
And you do ask some remarkably basic questions for someone who has so many opinions
You are the classic example of the old aphorism that an empty drum makes the most noise.

Bossy said:
I honestly don't care if *you* think I have authority. It doesn't take a genius to see that you don't take criticism well, whether its your own image or an edit, or that your image was warm.

As for my website, I have a portfolio website I'm still working on. No you may not see it at this point in time. Feel free to stalk my posts and see the few threads I've posted with images though.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/people-photography/273438-varied-portraits.html

Most reactions

Back