Thank you, Brinks!

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This morning at 5:22 AM while my wife and I were out of town, somebody decided to open the window to my newly converted-ish studio (room in my house), with all my camera gear in there. Alarm sounded, gear safe. Anybody else have close calls, or even worse--gear stolen?

Nope. Besides having an awesome alarm system including 35 hidden cameras around/in my home, I had a "professional ethical burglar" try to get in unsuccessfully, so it's well setup. I also have great neighbors with trained guard dogs on both sides of our house that alert the neighborhood to any movement within 50 feet of my backyard.

We also have a our own "man eater" living in our home... a 15 year old lhasa apso that will absolutely lick to death any burglar that gets in... lol

In our last home a few years ago, we used to have our doberman that pinned a young man that broken into our basement against a wall for 3 hours until we got home. He was a little traumatized and had some ripped clothing here and there, but other than that, completely fine.

Dogs make the best alarm systems! :D

Nope. Besides having an awesome alarm system including 35 hidden cameras around/in my home, I had a "professional ethical burglar" try to get in unsuccessfully, so it's well setup. I also have great neighbors with trained guard dogs on both sides of our house that alert the neighborhood to any movement within 50 feet of my backyard.

We also have a our own "man eater" living in our home... a 15 year old lhasa apso that will absolutely lick to death any burglar that gets in... lol

In our last home a few years ago, we used to have our doberman that pinned a young man that broken into our basement against a wall for 3 hours until we got home. He was a little traumatized and had some ripped clothing here and there, but other than that, completely fine.

Dogs make the best alarm systems! :D

holy smokes.... 35 cameras????

I had a heart stopping event last year. My old car did not have air conditioning, and it was a nice summers day so all the windows were rolled down. Promised Momma I would take her shopping then head down to the cemetery afterwards for some shots. Tossed my bag in the back seat, and off I ventured. When I came out of the grocery store with my Momma, I noticed the back windows in my car rolled all the way down. My first thought was my camera bag, with 3 cameras, and lenses were in the back seat. It felt like an hour that walk to the car, wondering if the bag was still there. I pretty much snuck up on my car waiting for the bad news, that the bag was gone, but my heart began to beat as I saw that big black mammoth Keisel bag sitting there. All it would have taken was someone to walk by, reach in, and everything would have been gone.

I have lots of valuable goods in my home. I never lock the door, there's are no alarms, and 90% of the time depending on the weather, the front, back, and side doors are swung wide open - even when no one is home. We get the occasional critter but in about 30 years no thefts.

Well, there was a 86" (tube not LCD) television monitor I had sitting on a dolly in front of the house in the street, for six and a half months that disappeared but I was done with it and some kid is probably now having a blast somewhere with his Nintendo hooked up to it. :D

I lock my car doors though. ;) (actually it locks itself...)

Last edited:
I have lots of valuable goods in my home. I never lock the door, there's are no alarms, and 90% of the time depending on the weather, the front, back, and side doors are swung wide open - even when no one is home. We get the occasional critter but in about 30 years no thefts.

But then again, in Japan you could put your gear on the street and put a "Went to lunch" sign on it, and it would still be there after a day, or the police would be looking for you to give it back. :mrgreen: I just love this place sometimes. The only place I can imagine being safer than here is Singapore, and that's because you get beaten the crap out of you for littering...

There was 1000 yen sitting on the stairs to my brother-in-law's apartment building for about 2 years that he lived there; hell its probably still there today.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back