Thank You Everyone!

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just wanted to write a little to all of you that have looked at and commented on my photos.

I keep almost every photo I take, they are sorted into directories named by the date taken and all the ones I like go into a subdirectory in each named "Keepers".

As I looked through each directory, I starting noticing a trend, my photos are getting better. I realize it is I who takes the photos but it is all of you that commented, critiqued and opened my eyes to better photography that started that trend. So I wanted to thank you all for your kindness, openess and honest words and opinions. I am so fortunate to have come across such a giving community here.

Here is an example of what I mean by you all helping to make me a better amateur photographer:

Taken May 31, 2008
LoneBoater.jpg

Taken June 4, 2010
IMG_3333%20-%20Copyrecolored.jpg

I feel as though you are all to be given credit for my emerging status as semi-pro photographer from amaterish-snapshot photographer.

Thank you!

That's quite a contrast, but I don't think that all the credit should go to those of us on the forum. Steel sharpens steel and we all grow from each other but it takes persistence and determination on the part of the individual to push forward and grow.

Congrats on your progress. I remember the same, looking back through my images and at what point seeing some definite improvemetns. One of my biggest improvement phases came after reading "The Photographer's Eye" by Michael Freeman.

Anyway, so glad you are progressing, I know that feels great. Also, so kind of you to come here and thank those that have helped you to improve your craft.

Good eye Bitter Jeweler! I hadn't noticed that. Its gotta be coming from when I press the shutter button which would force the right-side down a tad. I'll have to compensate by keeping the right-side of the photo up and as I press the shutter-button, hopefully the pressure will re-level it properly. Its only a Canon AS3000IS and so a remote shutter cable won't be real helpful just in case anyone decides to recommend it. Saving up for a D90 though...thanks again for the help.

If you push down on the right side of the camera, the tilt would be opposite what is displayed in image #2. ;)

Yes.
If the right side of the camera goes down, the right side of the horizon goes up.

Yes.
If the right side of the camera goes down, the right side of the horizon goes up.

HUH? looking through the eyepiece and pushing down on the right side of the camera (the shutter button side)it would cause the horizon to be tilted down on the right side. Correct?

NO!
The horizon doesn't move *with* the tilt of the camera.

:popcorn:

good lord bitter. :lmao: but your right. just tilt you head for a good example.
OP thats a good feeling to get. There will be more in the future as well. keep shooting!

lol bitter

Thanks for the physics lesson Bitter Jeweler...I feel very, VERY humbled right now...silly Drex...I should really learn to use my brain before I run my fingers (mouth)...thanks man... :er:

Most reactions

Back