Thank You TPF! (10 thumbs)

John_05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
well, after waiting 2 weeks to get my camera back i finally have the pictures i took on the 30th of december when i went to the WWE smackdown house show they had here.

when i first signed up here, it was to get some advice on how to improve the shots i was getting from the previous show i went to. after getting some VERY helpful advice, and browsing the rest of the forum, i felt i really needed to say a huge Thank You to everyone here that has helped me by giving advice in the thread i started before, and through their posts throughout the forum here.

for a comparison, here is the other thread i started with the first set of pics i got.
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35657

and here are the pics i got from december 30th.

th_855fd98f.jpg

as you can see, the newer pics came out alot better then the others. there is still much room for improvement, but i think its a good start. unfortunately, i didnt get any pics from the Pentax i took. i made a very simple mistake that im a little too embarassed to admit, but i just sum it up to not taking any practice photos before i went to the show with that camera, and maybe a little over excitement that made me not pay enough attention to what i was doing.:lmao: leave it to a relative noob to make simple mistakes! i am just glad to say that now i know what i did wrong, and hopefully it wont happen again. if it does, then next time i will have to kick myself. :lol:

once again i would like to say Thank You to everyone here for all their help and advice. i really needed it, and appreciate it even more.:thumbup:

Ya got some really cool shots. I have not been to a wrestling match since....oh.. The Ultimate Warrior days.

thanks. i certainly like the new pics i got a whole lot better then the first set. i got about 5 useable pics out of 400 from the first set, and i got about 90 or so out of +/- 220 pics this time around. even the worst ones this time were mostly better then the good ones from the first show so needless to say, im very happy i found this forum and got some much needed help and advice. i just wish i had realized the mistake i was making when i shot with the pentax. 2 rolls of film and not a single picture from either was kind of depressing, but it was also a good learning experience so im not too tore up about it. i did take some different pics with the pentax that did come out this time, and i will post a couple of them later today for a little criticism.

sounds like you havent been to a show in a long time. last i seen of the Ultimate Warrior was back when WCW was still around. where i live they dont come around too often so when they do have a show, i almost always go. the last show was a televised RAW show, and it had been 7+ years since they were here so i wasnt going to miss that.:lmao:

great series...love the "high dive" shot! very cool :thumbup:

thanks. thats one of the shots i liked the most too. i shot all of those pics with my Fuji E510 and the shutter lag on that camera varies, so timing the shutter was a little hard but ive had alot of practice with it since the last show. it also helps that i watch wrestling religiously, and know when they are going to do the moves i want to try to catch. im just glad i realized i wasnt getting anywhere with my Pentax, and stuck to using the Fuji. i did miss a lot of shots i really wanted, but learning from my mistake was worth more to me. there will be more shows, but to not learn what i did wrong would just mean more mistakes and disappointment next time.

Most reactions

Back