Thank You

Soul Rebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For having such a fine message board about something I have hidden away for so long but absolutely love.

When I was growing up the one thing that kept my mind off everything that was going on at home and in the rest of the world was baseball. I stepped on the field and it all dissapeared. However, I am now 23 years old and can no longer play baseball. I was horrible so I didnt stick around too long.

Anyway, I started taking photos a couple of years ago and since I had little money and the cameras I had werent the greatest I lost interest. My aunt sent a digital camera to our family for christmas and I have started again. I love it. I feel alive. I know that sounds silly but it is so true. I see the world much clearer and actually want to get out of the house and walk around to see everything there is to see.

Thank you.

I understand where you're coming from. One of the big things which keeps me going is the thought of the next photo opportunity, what I'm gonna do, and the constant stream of ideas flowing through my head.

It's a damn sight better than watching the news and getting depressed about the sh1te state of the world!

Go photography! Go TPF!

Rob

Soul Rebel said:
Anyway, I started taking photos a couple of years ago and since I had little money and the cameras I had werent the greatest I lost interest. My aunt sent a digital camera to our family for christmas and I have started again. I love it. I feel alive. I know that sounds silly but it is so true. I see the world much clearer and actually want to get out of the house and walk around to see everything there is to see.

Thank you.

i think you said every thing we would say back...

and i agree with the thank you's...
tpf has made me start seeing things differently... now, even on comercials or when they did the super bowl, and were showing professional black and white shots, i thought, man, they should have done this or that, or hey, that is a great shot, i kept thinking they should have asked alison to do the black and white photos of players...:D

anything becomes a possible picture to me...and everywhere i look, i think, there is lafoto a shot,with all the green.. or hey, that reminds me of woodsac and his dark grafitti shots...or hey, a jonmikal shot, or a chiller shot... or look, raymond would love this...or that shot of a momma and her son looks like a calliope shot for sure...

so...another possesion has taken over.... isnt this a great place??

Soul Rebel said:
For having such a fine message board about something I have hidden away for so long but absolutely love.

When I was growing up the one thing that kept my mind off everything that was going on at home and in the rest of the world was baseball. I stepped on the field and it all dissapeared. However, I am now 23 years old and can no longer play baseball. I was horrible so I didnt stick around too long.

Thank you.
A lot of us do better having a hobby or passion that they follow just for the sheer love of it. If it leads to a sense of community and making new friends, that's just the cherry on top. ;)

I think it's great that you were able to make a transition like that, from sports to something artistic. Keeps the mind both focused, and open! :)

Good for you! :thumbup:

BACE FOR MOD!!!

P.S. That means thank you TPF, for being there when I needed you. For inspiring me when I felt uninspired. For threatening to ban me unless I took more pictures. For encouraging me to participate. For being there to witness my milestone, the purchase of a digital camera. For eventually making me a Mod charged with ridding the forum of bad photographers (by making them good, not banning them).

I need to get back to work.

since I've started in on this hobby in June, I have noticed that my vision has narrowed to the size of a viewfinder :lmao:

Seriously, though, I understand what you mean...right now I'm going through the whole, "man, if only I were into photography back when I ... (fill in the blank with anything). The Girl and I are talking about our next trip, and of course, I have photography in mind...I don't want to go somewhere where I won't have good photo ops.

The other thing I like about photography is the photographers. This forum is amazing with the friendliness and interest everyone has in offering their opinions (in a good way--usually) and lessons learned from their past experiences. Even on the street. ClarinetJWD, MyCameraEye, and I went out shooting a few weeks ago, and ClarinetJWD and I struck up a conversation (albeit a short one) with some other photogs. It just seems that the photography world is quite accepting, warm, and friendly. I'm sure that this isn't really true, but it's what I believe photography does to you...suddenly you see the world differently when you are out, walking around with camera in hand looking for that great shot...I mean, the whole idea is that you are looking for something that is aesthetically pleasings, resonates in some way, tells a story, evokes an emotion, touchs a nerve...all of that in one single image...you can't help but begin to see the world differently.

Maybe everyone between the ages of 12 and 18 should have to spend time taking pictures...maybe the world would be very different.

jocose said:
Maybe everyone between the ages of 12 and 18 should have to spend time taking pictures...maybe the world would be very different.

Aslong as they don't steal my gigs!!!

BAHAH!!

I'm glad you enjoy it here! TPF has enriched my life on many levels and for that I am extremely thankful.

Alison said:
I'm glad you enjoy it here! TPF has enriched my life on many levels and for that I am extremely thankful.

and don't forget ... it brings together long lost family members!!!

(kiss the baby for us ...)

Little Man ... you're such a sap ... don't think we could stand too much more love from ya! :p

Most reactions

Back