Thanks Govenment! [tripod][lighting kit]

Guys.... We are asking Americans to save money... thats a leap and bounds beyond our understanding at this time.

Lets start somewhere very very simple....
It doesn't require any advanced education...
It doesn't require any pre-existing capital... nor investment...
It can drastically and immediately improve any Americans financial standing....

LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS....

. . .hoping to get a home, esp with the Stimulus Bill going through in the next hour, $15k tax rebate 2010 here i come!

Then I'll spring for the D700. . .

Ain't going to happen. We trade a mountain of debt for our kids and grandkids for $13 a week this year in tax ewlief and $8 after the first of next year. And that's if they don't change the code and raise taxes to pay down the debt. (A Trillion dollars will buy Google, Microsoft, Apple, Walmart, Intel and still have over 200 Billion left. And almost none of this money will be spent in the next 18 months on real job creating projects. Total cost of the bill is well over a Trillion after interest, and wait for the mortgage relief bill that's next) We are doomed to repeat history again and again. We are too lazy to study the facts of the past.

OK, stepping down off the soap box.........

Last edited:
Oh what a world we live in where a government takes so much of our money, gives a tiny bit back and then gets thanked by us :D

Oh what a world we live in where a government takes so much of our money, gives a tiny bit back and then gets thanked by us :D
As far as federal taxes, speak for yourself. I paid $2500 into federal taxes and I am getting $2500 back :D

I owed Uncle Same once.... about $1600.... never again!!!

After that I would rather pay more and get one nice lump sum back. I know, many people say have less taken out, save that money, and gain interest. It's nice getting that big check back... the last 3 years (since kids) have been very good. We then take that money open a CD with some, put some in the bank for the little ones, do some improvements to the house (stamped concrete patio and a cedar fence), and if I'm lucky the wife let's me spend a little.

As far as federal taxes, speak for yourself. I paid $2500 into federal taxes and I am getting $2500 back :D

Federal government didn't give anything back to you.... The $2500 was yours to begin with. Its even worse, they used your money and never ever pay interest to you.

American's who treat a tax return as a "reward" or "free money" are part of the problem.

Please, please, please don't get me started. I have 4 children that the US Government just put in debt up to their ears, and their kids and their kid's kids. All passed by a bunch of idiots that didn't even read what they were passing. It wasn't even possible to read it in the time they had.

I'm pretty sure there's rules against what I just did, but I just had to get it out of my system!

Sorry if I upset anyone supporting the "stimulus" package.

Please, please, please don't get me started. I have 4 children that the US Government just put in debt up to their ears, and their kids and their kid's kids. All passed by a bunch of idiots that didn't even read what they were passing. It wasn't even possible to read it in the time they had.

I'm pretty sure there's rules against what I just did, but I just had to get it out of my system!

Sorry if I upset anyone supporting the "stimulus" package.

And IF they read it, they would not understand 1100 pages of: " Section 137.2.11 of paragraph 936.9 in the Security Enlightenment Act of 1993, change 11 to 13." In the hours they had from conference committee adoption to vote, and having added several hundred pages to the bill, nobody could possible be expected to understand any but a portion of a page of this train wreck. About a Billion a page has been bleed out through this mess. The federal obligation now 65.5 Trillion exceeds the Worlds GDP.

Federal government didn't give anything back to you.... The $2500 was yours to begin with. Its even worse, they used your money and never ever pay interest to you.

American's who treat a tax return as a "reward" or "free money" are part of the problem.
But for me, it is free money. It's my and your government (forgot to look and see if you are in the US) thus we all should pay our fair dues to keep it running. My fair share was $1800 and I was refunded every penny where other's are not refunded. As for the little extra to equal $2500, well, I don't exactly want to have to pay out a big lump sum like I have to with local. It's not fun trying to come up with paying taxes if it doesn't come out of the paycheck.

No complaints from me as I feel the same way! Kind of feels like if my employer would take some money out of my paycheck every week and create a stimulous package to buy all the management company cars and try to tell me it will help me.

Talk about hijacking a thread. Wasn't the OP asking about tripods and lighting?

Ahhh you but have much to learn young padwan, or should I say much to earn. They will get you in the end. If not with taxes, than for avoiding taxes. :p

Ahhh you but have much to learn young padwan, or should I say much to earn. They will get you in the end. If not with taxes, than for avoiding taxes. :p
Nah, I live in western Pennsylvania and do not work in Pittsburgh, thus I will not have the opportunity to make any decent money without moving away from family and I have 2 kids. 2 kid's worth of tax credit is larger than what I owe in taxes :mrgreen:

I hope you guys understand I'm 17, and I'm getting my federal tax/state tax from my PAYCHECKS back. Nothing else, I don't file my taxes, I'm still a dependent under my parents. And unless you guys can magically cheat the system, the tax is taken out of your paycheck automatically.

You could claim exempt on your W4, as it sounds like you are exempt - then you wouldn't have any taxes coming out of your check.

Probably too late now though - you'll be 18 soon and you'll have to pay taxes like everyone else.

But for me, it is free money. It's my and your government (forgot to look and see if you are in the US) thus we all should pay our fair dues to keep it running. My fair share was $1800 and I was refunded every penny where other's are not refunded. As for the little extra to equal $2500, well, I don't exactly want to have to pay out a big lump sum like I have to with local. It's not fun trying to come up with paying taxes if it doesn't come out of the paycheck.

Go ahead... live in ignorance. Its not free money.. nothing is free. Yes.. we all are responsible for funding the government but FAIR is hardly the accurate term to describe taxation in the U.S. Need an example? read up on Alternative Minimum Tax of 1969 which is just now being "gradually" corrected.. decades too late).

We are propping up the ultra rich non-competing individuals/corporations on the backs of our children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren's backs. Wonderful!

You could claim exempt on your W4, as it sounds like you are exempt - then you wouldn't have any taxes coming out of your check.

Probably too late now though - you'll be 18 soon and you'll have to pay taxes like everyone else.

He is not exempt if his parents can claim him as a dependent.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back