Thanksgiving, 2014, On the Boardwalk

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Long Beach, Long Island. Another new edit of an old shot. My wife says she doesn't like it because the colors don't look real. You can imagine the conversation that followed.

57669139-298C-4F12-A485-6A73375CB1BA.jpeg

Nice pic but there's something about those colors ….. ;) I think it's a cool pic, over sat. or not. Heck, I may go down to the marina tonight and do the same.

If your wife didn't like these colors, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to buy a Matisse for the living room...

otherprof (what is your name? I feel so odd writing 'otherprof'), I really like this composition and how the colors are rendered and how the light and dark have been rendered. Such tremendous contrasts have been created not just in luminosity but also from color.
BTW, I grew up in Farmingdale, not far from Sunrise Highway.

I like the composition and the colors.

If your wife didn't like these colors, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to buy a Matisse for the living room...

otherprof (what is your name? I feel so odd writing 'otherprof'), I really like this composition and how the colors are rendered and how the light and dark have been rendered. Such tremendous contrasts have been created not just in luminosity but also from color.
BTW, I grew up in Farmingdale, not far from Sunrise Highway.

Hi John. My name is Spencer, and if I weren’t so bad at getting things printed and framed, I’d hang your comments on my wall. Thanks so much for those kind words, and particularly for the first paragraph, which made me smile and laugh.
We have a house in Lynbrook, but a lot of time in L.A.

Good to meet you Spencer.
In 2017 I began researching Photoshop's LAB color mode and purchased Dan Margulis' 2nd edition of Photoshop LAB Color: The Canyon Conundrum. Unfortunately being out of print it now costs close to $800 USD. I was lucky to get it for less than $100 a couple years ago.
In it he talks quite a bit about color theory, the French Impressionists and also the Fauvists.
Being new to me, it was fascinating.
And your image above reminds me very much of the Fauvists.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back