Thanksgiving Flowers C&C

Eldrich

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is one of my first shots with my Canon 50D. They are flowers that I got for thanksgiving, and sort of watched die over the last few weeks. Any suggestions or C&C are very welcome.

Flowers0.JPG

The settings were
1/13 sec
f/5.6
ISO 1600 (any noise?)

thanks

This is a great shot for some flowers on a home table! Usually you'd see a lot of 'stuff' in the background, have very flat light, yada yada...I like that you were thinking about the composition, it shows.

There's no noticible noise on my end. Im not sure what kind of lens you have but if opens up any larger than 5.6 you could try opening it up a little wider and dropping the ISO. Or using a tripod and dropping the shutter speed.

DOF is off a little in the back, but overall tis a great shot and color in my opinion :)

Thanks guys. I didn't want to use a flash because I liked the lighting as it was "naturally" (As in, which lamps I turned on). Also, I don't own a tripod yet...I could have stopped my aperture down a stop if I had zoomed out (I got a 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens with my 50D, which seemed to be a decent 'all purpose' introductory lens) but wouldn't that have increased the DoF issue? Which I agree could be better.

I guess I should just buy a tripod.

Most reactions

Back