Thanksgiving...the REAL one

GoM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Alright, this weekend is Canadian thanksgiving. We have it a month earlier becaue we get our entire country-covering tundra in by mid-october, and we need to eat all the turkeys in the land before then so they don't become inadverant frozen dinners.

So, for all you Canadians out there, any plans? Other than family and eating of course.

My plans? Family and eating. But I'm back in Toronto for the weekend, so alas, I will not be able to post. Huge loss, I know. But who knows, I may get some thematically-arranged shots over the weekend, you never know.

Enjoy gobble gobble day. Weekend. Time. Period. Whatever.

:thumbup:

edit - Wow. I brutalised the first paragraph. Fixed.

I'm heading over to Jasper to stay in a log cabin / chalet with the Wife and her family, for the weekend. Should be a good time. I'll be shooting family and baby portraits there as well.

Other than dinner with the family I am planning on doing whatever takes my fancy. I was going to do some work around the house but decided I would rather not. I love the long weekends and the time off work. I am going to start the weekend by heading to the pub tomorrow morning to watch England play Macedonia. Other than that...... I'm really not sure.

The family is heading to Kananaskis for the weekend.

Big Mike: Hopefully the weather in the mountains will be a bit more pleasant than in town.:grumpy:

I checked the weather report and Saturday in Jasper is supposed to be +8 and partly sunny. Sunday (or was it Monday) looks good at +15 and sunny. Of course the weather around there is never certain.

I was camping in Kananaskis this summer and the weather would go from sunny & quite warm to very cold and very windy...in a matter of seconds...then it would go back to being hot again.

Happy Thanksgiving to all :D I'm curious, is there a traditional Thanksgiving dinner in Canada?

GoM said:
Alright, this weekend is Canadian thanksgiving. We have it a month earlier becaue we get our entire country-covering tundra in by mid-october, and we need to eat all the turkeys in the land before then so they don't become inadverant frozen dinners.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just send some of that tundra down this way to NY... we need to start the snowmobile season early... :lol:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Turkey Day to our Northern neighbors! Enjoy!

Big Mike, that's an awesome place you're going to! I am envious...

So, quite possibly the most end-to-end solid and awesome weekends of my life

You?

Most reactions

Back