‘That’s my kids!’ Dad confronts, videotapes stranger taking photos

I had a really hard time with the language in that video.

I'm not talking about the cursing.

"I SEEN you!"
"..the pictures you had tooken..."
"Where's those pictures at?"

True, but sadly nobody's gotten arrested in this country for murdering the English language since "Johnny Dangerously"... lol

Ok, so I watched the video - and my gut reaction is, I doubt this guy is any kind of a "creeper". He just doesn't react the way someone who is actually guilty would react. If he had taken the pictures with a more nefarious intent I seriously doubt he would have gotten the camera and shown the guy the pictures he took, as it is he reacts like someone who is a little surprised that this guy is so upset and he's trying to show the guy, see - I really wasn't doing anything wrong.

Now as the father of 3 girls yes, I have been known to be a little over protective myself and I don't consider that a vice, but the upset dad here is the one that I would take issue with - it doesn't seem like he provoked this confrontation and video taped it to provide any kind of evidence to the police, he did this so he could be the "hero" protecting his community from this evil creeper. Notice how the outraged dad is careful to say things like "I'm not here to be violent", etc - even though the man he's confronting is obviously in poor health and even mentions that the woman who answered the door is a "caregiver". Obviously the outraged dad here is not saying this because he's worried about the man taking the pictures provoking some form of physical confrontation, instead he's saying that to make himself look more reasonable to the audience since he's aware he's taping this encounter.

once the creeper wins his settlement against the police and then against the dad he can afford a really nice 150-600mm.

Ok, so I watched the video - and my gut reaction is, I doubt this guy is any kind of a "creeper". He just doesn't react the way someone who is actually guilty would react. If he had taken the pictures with a more nefarious intent I seriously doubt he would have gotten the camera and shown the guy the pictures he took, as it is he reacts like someone who is a little surprised that this guy is so upset and he's trying to show the guy, see - I really wasn't doing anything wrong.

Now as the father of 3 girls yes, I have been known to be a little over protective myself and I don't consider that a vice, but the upset dad here is the one that I would take issue with - it doesn't seem like he provoked this confrontation and video taped it to provide any kind of evidence to the police, he did this so he could be the "hero" protecting his community from this evil creeper. Notice how the outraged dad is careful to say things like "I'm not here to be violent", etc - even though the man he's confronting is obviously in poor health and even mentions that the woman who answered the door is a "caregiver". Obviously the outraged dad here is not saying this because he's worried about the man taking the pictures provoking some form of physical confrontation, instead he's saying that to make himself look more reasonable to the audience since he's aware he's taping this encounter.

I'm with you on this one. The dad was acting like a tool. Wouldn't even let the other man, who was trying to be reasonable, say a word to explain. He says he wasn't there to be 'violent' but he was certainly there to be threatening. Again, we don't know the whole story - when the guy came out of the house, he clearly knew what was going on, so this seemed like it was a continuation of a confrontation that had already taken place, probably at the lake or pool or whatever. Maybe there was some jerkery on both sides in the earlier confrontation. But the dad went overboard.

This guy went instantly to the thought that any attention paid to his "girl" and his children must instantly be sexually nefarious in nature and then goes ballistic. Quite frankly, his actions don't seem protective but more like possessive. He must be a treat to live with :er:

And not only is he ignorant of the law regarding taking pictures of people where there's no expectation of privacy, he also seemed to dance the line between legal and illegal by posting the guy's license plate and offering an award. Just posting the number isn't illegal, but if his 'ad' alleges that the photographer was involved in criminal activity and he wasn't, then there's a possible defamation suit against him.

I had a really hard time with the language in that video.

I'm not talking about the cursing.

"I SEEN you!"
"..the pictures you had tooken..."
"Where's those pictures at?"

I love you so, Lenny!! Hee hee, it's my grammar Nazi side, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 2 Pro

I work for Florida power and light in IT, We have people stop by the power plant all the time, And they try and take photos and security has confiscated TON's cameras and people cell phones and other stuff, Because our plant is a nuclear power plant and contains alleged classified equipment if you photograph some thing that is deemed classified and they see you they will stop you and impound your items.

I asked our head of security supervisor and he said the same rules as area 51 apply to nuclear power plants.
Witch is NO PHOTOGRAPHING of any kind on plant property.

I do know that one person took them to court for taking his stuff and well he ended up loosing and getting a 10,000 fine on top of loosing his items.

This happens 3 or 4 times a months i see some one stopped by our security for taking pictures on plant property.

I have seen the room where they take the stuff and wow my god, they have at least 100 iPhone's and tons of other cell phones, and boxes and boxes of cameras and other crap. It just sits there forever too and you don't get your stuff back.

Also ALL cell phone service is jammed plant wide and you must use there provided blackberrys to make call or land line witch i hate and they also block other frequencies for like r/c drones and other low band signals.

I don't like these rules at all ):

P.S There is a sigma 200-500 2.8 in the property locker they took from some one i have beem trying to get my hands on that baby for months hehehe."

I dunno much about the legality of violating a private company's policies. I still don't see how that can be deemed illegal. As far as I'm concerned that's theft; that's personal property. One of the very few jobs of police is protecting private property...

Power companies are known to give lots of money and have LOTS of influence in local municipalities. The police in those areas work for them, not the citizens.

I'd be curious to see what actual laws were violated, and how a private company and a private security firm can confiscate another's private property and get away with it. I didn't realize FL had forfeiture laws like that. If I lived in FL I'd write up my own policies, and have everyone violate them so I could legally take their stuff.

FL is such a bad state.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back