~ THAT SPECIAL LOOK ~

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
rbvog-sdrhshvc2iwrdxeq_thumb_b130_fotor-jpg.231524

~ That Special Look ~ SHR LAKE CHAFFEE'S AUTUMN LEGACY O' TRAD FINIAN MAC JH

Those o' us that work with and hunt o'er dogs know that special look a gun dog exhibits whence they are making bird. Hard to describe, an almost trance like state o' being with all senses on high alert as if driven by some unseen primal force hardwired within their DNA.

Me dogs and I live for these moments o' encountering birds and we work as a team in hopes o' bringing game to the bag. I love the near telepathic communication betwixt dog and gunner, posturing, purposeful movement, careful sampling o' the wind, and that pause before moving in for the flush, all done in silent and effective transference. Time seemingly stands still as such beautiful drama unfolds during our experiences afield.

Me 22 month old yellow Labrador Retriever gun dog trainee MAC is seen here as he enters the zone that triggers that special look.

I invite others to share in this thread in posting images o' ye dog's on the hunt.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️

Despite the fact that she seems to enjoy posing for the camera, in the field she's all concentration.
2019-12-29_09-36-21.jpg

Most reactions

Back