What's new

That's it, I am selling all my cameras!

Tartness909412 1

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 6, 2025
Messages
130
Reaction score
157
Location
Devizes, Wiltshire, England
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been out and about with my Pixel 10 Pro and the more I use it, the more I love it. It felt so freeing just to be able to walk around without the weight and bulk of a DSLR or mirrorless camera. This phone is portable, weatherproof, super fast PD autofocus, subject detection, visible screen in bright sunlight, has GPS, uploads automatically to Google photos, will do astrophotography (have not tried that yet) and takes amazing high res photos. The only negative I have is the RAW file ability and how difficult it is to access them but too be honest, the jpegs are superb and I can tweak them a bit more just using a simple program like Photoscape X Pro, so I have ditched all my other high level software such as Photolab 9, Luminar Neo, Topaz AI 3 etc. For the general photography that I do, this set up is more than adequate :)
FramedPXL_20260303_115627208.RAW-01-Sculpture-RocheCourt-EastWinterslow-Salisbury-Wiltshire.webp
FramedPXL_20260303_120404681.RAW-01-Sculpture-RocheCourt-EastWinterslow-Salisbury-Wiltshire.webp
FramedPXL_20260303_120717694.RAW-01-Sculpture-RocheCourt-EastWinterslow-Salisbury-Wiltshire.webp
FramedPXL_20260303_122402709.RAW-01-Flower-RocheCourt-EastWinterslow-Salisbury-Wiltshire.webp
FramedPXL_20260303_122426451.RAW-01-Treescape-RocheCourt-EastWinterslow-Salisbury-Wiltshire-BW.webp
FramedPXL_20260303_131801140.RAW-01-Spindles-AllSaintsChurch-Farley-Salisbury-Wiltshire-HC-BW.webp
FramedPXL_20260303_131818439.RAW-01-WallLight-AllSaintsChurch-Farley-Salisbury-Wiltshire.webp
FramedPXL_20260303_131858174.RAW-01-Pulpit-AllSaintsChurch-Farley-Salisbury-Wiltshire.webp
FramedPXL_20260303_132129003.RAW-01-StainedGlass-AllSaintsChurch-Farley-Salisbury-Wiltshire.webp
FramedPXL_20260303_134838037.RAW-01-Gateway-AllSaintsChurch-Farley-Salisbury-Wiltshire-BW-YEL.webp
FramedPXL_20260303_140121399.RAW-01-StainedGlass-HolyTrinityChurch-EastGrimstead-Salisbury-Wi...webp
 
Phones these days certainly have capable cameras & recent models often give results at least as good as my older cameras can manage, but I never feel involved enough when using them.

I enjoy using different camera systems, picking the best system for what I'm expecting to photograph (or a smaller system if weight might be an issue). Changing between lenses, adding filters, as well as varying speed/DOF etc while out & about is a big part of the fun IMO.

I freely admit I very rarely use RAW as my cameras usually do a better job of processing the images than I would (without the effort).
 
Always regard my phone as just another image maker suited, as all the others are, to particular demands. Besides, bucking orthodoxies is usually fun. Enjoy!
 
Your photos look very good, the only thing that worries me is using a phone as my camera is keeping the lens clean ... ?
 
Well, cell phones have done away with "point and shoots" and now they are coming after dSLR/mirrorless. Oh well
Between that and the coming AI singularity what we do will become very antiquated. And it won't take a generation; it will happen right before our eyes, even us old folks.
 
Your photos look very good, the only thing that worries me is using a phone as my camera is keeping the lens clean ... ?
I clean my phone every single day and I have a glass protector over the lenses and a sturdy protective cover for it :)
 
I will admit when I think "picture" I grab my phone. It is on the spot and needs no programming and the results are almost always excellent for my intended use. However, when I think "photography", I pull out my 1906 Seneca 4x5 view camera. Crouched under the dark cloth hood, focusimg an upside-down reversed image, guess or read the light meter, set the exposure and shutter speed, load the film holder, open the dark slide, then finally push the release cord button. Slow? yes, cumbersome? somewhat, gratifying? indeed.

In fact, knowing you are the reason the camera setup was perfect, not some nameless electronic programming guru; brings a different feeling of accomplishment to the definition of the word "photographer". But beware, the road has many potholes. I am certainly not going to give up my digital or phone camera, the convivence, just like bottled water, is far too great. Still, there is a reason folk like to do thing by hand.
 
I have been out and about with my Pixel 10 Pro and the more I use it, the more I love it. It felt so freeing just to be able to walk around without the weight and bulk of a DSLR or mirrorless camera. This phone is portable, weatherproof, super fast PD autofocus, subject detection, visible screen in bright sunlight, has GPS, uploads automatically to Google photos, will do astrophotography (have not tried that yet) and takes amazing high res photos. The only negative I have is the RAW file ability and how difficult it is to access them but too be honest, the jpegs are superb and I can tweak them a bit more just using a simple program like Photoscape X Pro, so I have ditched all my other high level software such as Photolab 9, Luminar Neo, Topaz AI 3 etc. For the general photography that I do, this set up is more than adequate :)View attachment 295131View attachment 295132View attachment 295133View attachment 295134View attachment 295135View attachment 295136View attachment 295137View attachment 295138View attachment 295139View attachment 295140View attachment 295141
Amazing gallery of images!!. My Pixel 7 Pro is amazing and a great tool as well. I feel the same way you do. At this point, I rarely take out my Fujifilm cameras any more.
 
Your photos look very good, the only thing that worries me is using a phone as my camera is keeping the lens clean ... ?
Strange enough I never seem to have dust on my phone's lens. On the seldom moments I have, I just wipe it off quickly...
Never have had dust spots on my photos afterwards when I look on the computer....

While with my DSLR I always notice new dust on the lens and afterwards on the computer I see lots of spots from the sensor. It takes me longer to edit afterwards.

I don't have a lens protector on my phone's lens, yet.
 
I carry my gear with nice long-reaching glass 😍....that's why I love it 💪😎👍....but if I need a close or wide-angle shot, I reach for my back pocket and use my Pixel 7a 🤳🏻....I've printed large 16x20 scenic shots from my phone for my house....they're fine for that....but there's no substitute for 500mm (750mm effectively) of Nikon glass!...I've never seen a phone even come close to photographing eaglets on a nest WAAAAAY over there!...or with the crate detail of my Nikon glass.... and THAT'S why I have my gear!

Btw, your photos are great!...💪🥰👍
Love those Pixel phones!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom