The African sun

CarlosF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, I took these photos at the pilansberg nature reserve which I'm lucky enough to live only 2 hours away... sadly we haven't had any rain for a long time and all the rivers and dams are either dry or running dry and the poor animals are taking a hard knock.. we followed this family of elephants for about 5km through the bush looking for water...

1:Hippo giving me the stare down
IMG_1214.JPG
2: black backed jackel looking for some doves where it used to be a water hole
IMG_1339.JPG
3: Elephants where so happy after walking all the way
IMG_1342.JPG
4: Giraffe and in the background you can see how dry it really is all the way to the back was water at some stage
IMG_1341.JPG
5: Zebras also came down for a drink
IMG_1343.JPG
6: I need some water guys
IMG_1353.JPG
Any CC welcome thanks

Great set, in tough lighting conditions. I know it's not always easy, but try getting out at just before sunrise and sunset (or late afternoon). Looking at the shadows, it looks more like between 11am and 1pm (except for the hippo and giraffe which was probably a couple of hours earlier/later), with very harsh light.

Hope it rains soon!

Last edited:
Great set, in tough lighting conditions. I know it's not always easy, but try getting out at just before sunrise and sunset (or late afternoon). Looking at the shadows, it looks more like between 11am and 1pm (except for the hippo and giraffe which was probably a couple of hours earlier/later), with very harsh light.

Hope it rains soon!

Hey bud yeah thats usually the plan, we only drove down for the day so with the nice morning light i drove in and really didn't see much worth taking pics of, yeah conditions where tough and dry which make it even harder for decent shots..

well some scientist guy on the radio said that we would have to have floods for the next 5 years to get us back on track again most dams are between 30-15% full at the moment and currently everyone has water restricitions, no washing of cars or water the garden or filling pools, people aren't listening so theres talk of them shutting off water supply to homes during certain periods of the day as well

Most reactions

Back