The agony of defeat

Sirashley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Again, I was walking in California, and stumbled across this dead snake. It peaked my interest so I shot it... I'm a noob, so C&C is welcome and I thank you for looking...

trydeadsnake.jpg

Oooo gnarly! No crits or comments for you tho. It's a dead snake... what would I say? get closer, spend some time with it? Put a cigarette in it's mouth? :blushing: It's not bad technically speaking anyway.

I'm a noob, so C&C is welcome and I thank you for looking...

More depth of field would have made the photo sharper. Part of the snake is out of focus, plus most lenses are sharper with aperture stopped down a couple of notches. There's no down side in this case with using a higher F-stop, because it looks like there was plenty of light, the subject wasn't moving :lol: and no need to blur the background.

I would probably have gone with the rule of thirds here and placed the snake's eye more to the left.

and no need to blur the background.

blurring the background takes away any distracting things there, like the rocks and draws your eyes you the subject, same with the DOF and having blur the rest of the snakes body. which draws your eyes to the part that is the main subject, the dead snakes head.

the only crit i have is having the snakes full head in focus, it seems its a bit soft on the eye and mouth..any idea on how it died/what that big bubble on its side is??

I have no idea of how the snake died, most likely, ran over. That's a gravel road we were on... My wife spotted the snake and promptly, freaked out...LOL...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back