The Anti-GREEN

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken (Handheld) with Canon Macro FD 100mm on Canon EF, ASA 800 (Uncropped Full Frame)

000000_023_F800_8_09_1_2_3_4_5.jpg

http://www.photo-lucidity.com/pic-1738.html

This one is a touch underexposed but I like it, I think it actually worked out in my favor here.

Yep I think the highlights may have become blown out on the petals of the flower if it had any more exposure.

Boy you are making it hard for me not to buy a pentax k1000 , look at those colors, there anything like that with any dslr

It seems like all your photos that I've seen are shot with 800 asa. Is there a reason why you don't shoot something slower? Do you like the grain?

It seems like all your photos that I've seen are shot with 800 asa. Is there a reason why you don't shoot something slower? Do you like the grain?

The bulk of this is due simply to my walk around lens....It's not exactly what everyone else walks with. I am most often carrying a Vivitar 400mm f/5.6 and shooting it handheld from the hip. With some of my favorite subjects being birds a tripod is not always practicle. The 800 speed film is the best suited currently available to me for this shooting style given the very slow nature of my lens. It's very rare for me to be able to stop the lens down enough to get sharp results even at 400 under natural light. I have shot with 1000 but I was not impressed with it and it is a bit of a hassel for me to aquire.

That is not to say I don't shoot 100, 200 or 400, I can provide shots from those speeds, it's just that 800 is the most commonly loaded simply for the daily walks with the 400mm lens. When and if I can get my greedy little fingers on to a Canon FD 400mm f/2.8L this will likely change as I would love to use slower films.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back