The Arboretum

padrepaul77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Kind of liked this through the trees...the arboretum is a place in the Twin Cities that's a nice little oasis of flowers, trees, ornamental grasses, etc. Any suggestions welcome.
4033260845_2a2cc47d6e_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2576/4033260845_2a2cc47d6e_b.jpg

This is a beautiful shot. There's some color detail in the sky you can bring out with a little tweaking, if you're inclined.

I gave it a try, and will post it with your say-so.

This is a beautiful shot. There's some color detail in the sky you can bring out with a little tweaking, if you're inclined.

I gave it a try, and will post it with your say-so.

That would be great. I can never figure these kind out in terms of what to do; the sky I want to adjust, but the tree branches and leaves are in the way...is the magic wand my only option here in elements?

You'll want to look into the Color Range tool for selecting tricky areas like tree branches, hair, and the like. I just checked to see whether it's available on Elements, and it seems to be there for versions 3 and above. Here are a few tutorials I found, I didn't go through them but hopefully it'll be a good start.

Select Color Range in Photoshop Elements (Elements-specific)
Make your selections by using the color range command. (looks more robust)

Here's what I came up with, it's possible to go a good deal darker in the sky but I liked this the best. It's a very subtle adjustment. (TIFF)

4033260845_2a2cc47d6e_b%20copy.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, very cool...I can't quite figure it out. I have such a hard time going between the branches. I'll work on it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back