The Band

a.rodgers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I Took this picture a few weeks ago, before all of the snow came, and i finally got around to the darkroom to develop it.
TheBand.jpg

CC is always welcome

cool shot. its got a nice feel to it

It looks a bit soft for me, and you're too far away. Try shooting close enough to know they are a band but not so much equipment in the photo.

okay, thank you for the advice!

I Took this picture a few weeks ago, before all of the snow came, and i finally got around to the darkroom to develop it.
TheBand.jpg

CC is always welcome

With street performers, I have found the faces and expressions to be of most importance and from there it trickles away. This image is missing that. Also it is a little too centered for my taste. They look like the lone musketeers.

Lastly, The image or conversion looks under exposed or atleast the blacks need to be brought up some. The image does look a tad soft, could be because you are too far away and or it is too heavily cropped.. You should have also moved over to the left a tad and got more in front of them.

What I like...That you got out there and did it. Most people are shy about even shooting street performers...I liked that you just about got the attention of the fellow in the middle. Please do not be discouraged. Keep trying and go with confidence. :)

Here is a small edit.
+1 stop in exposer, some unsharp mask and curves.
About 2 minutes or so in CS3. Aslo, there was not much data in the image to work with. But still, I think a tad better.

thebandq.jpg

thebandq.jpg

thank you very much for the advice javier! this was my first time really shooting street performers, so im not surprised that there are mistakes.
the lack of data in the photo is probably due to the fact that it was printed in the darkroom, and scanned into my computer. my scanner is pretty terrible >.<

i dont seem to be able to view the edits that you posted.

Most reactions

Back