The baseball playoffs thread 2018

I'll be watching at home. Boom! Beer in my fridge and clean restrooms! Parking is free, in my garage.

Now that the Yankees are out I'm not sure who to root against :).
Don't have a Dodgers hat to wear, I'm sure my brother and sister will cover me on that front.

Now that the Yankees are out I'm not sure who to root against :).
Don't have a Dodgers hat to wear, I'm sure my brother and sister will cover me on that front.

Got to be the BoSox. They are a highly likable group.

Just spoke with my sister, they have tickets for the three games at Dodger Stadium next week. But she found out the Wednesday game is at 2pm and she is going to miss that due to work (only photography students would rather go to class than watch a potential game 5).

Cora confirmed today that he will start Price in game 2. Ugh. I’m sure the numbers support this and he pitched great in September but past performance indicates he just can’t handle the pressure of a post season start. Clutch is real and numbers can’t measure it and he doesn’t have it.

Cora confirmed today that he will start Price in game 2. Ugh. I’m sure the numbers support this and he pitched great in September but past performance indicates he just can’t handle the pressure of a post season start. Clutch is real and numbers can’t measure it and he doesn’t have it.
Dave Dombrowski is making this decision, not Cora. Cora is into the analytics, Dombrowski is not. Tigers didn't even have an analytics department until he left. This is the messy part of the game for managers, meddling management. Cora will just get through it and take the blame if it all falls apart. Astros in 5... I hope I'm wrong because I want a Peg vs Gary WS... ps thanks to Dombrowski, Tigers won't be back for decades.

Just back from a family dinner. Cousins in town for a wedding. Looks like LA having a rough inning. Lucky they only gave up 2.

Just back from a family dinner. Cousins in town for a wedding. Looks like LA having a rough inning. Lucky they only gave up 2.
Right. Gary is cooking a feast at home and teasing me with delicious pics as I fry baloney in a pan with a side of stale cheerios. My wife is at Elton John concert with her friends, my birthday gift to her. Well, I did develop a roll of film, baseball is on, and my cat is glad I'm home.

I hope she don't wake me up tonight, I don't want any "someone save my life tonight" sympathy **ck...

I lied, I'll take it...

Last edited:
Traveling all week, back in time to catch the Dodgers game. Wife wants to go out... and right now with the errors the Dodgers are making that is probably a good idea.

Dodgers getting spanked, wife texting pics
FB_IMG_1539397708164.jpeg

Rough game for the Dodgers. Almost a come back is worse than a spanking sometimes. I was confused/surprised by some of the pinch hitting decisions but since I don’t get to see a lot of NL games I’m not as familiar with the logic behind that.

Looking forward to the next NL match up and the AL game 1 tonight. Rain is supposed to stop by afternoon but it’s downright chilly here today. Not great pitching weather...

Most reactions

Back