The Beach

hi. i really like the lines and composition... i think it would be stronger if you moved the people down and to the right more, but i still think it's fairly effective.

it looks to me like focus fell just in front of the people, such that some of the water a few feet in front of them is more in focus then they are. are you choosing your focal point, or is the camera?

personally think it could stand to use a little bit of color pop as well... the colors as they are now are sort of lost, but that's personal preference.

very nice.

I am choosing the focal point. The main attraction to the photo for me is the way the buildings line up and despite it being at 200mm it still displays a large aperture.

I'd consider cropping off the rightmost 10-20% (including the jeep with the headlight). If you see the receding buildings as a triangle, you're missing the apex of the triangle at the left. In this case, having the lack of focus on the "center" of the image works for me, as it conveys the feeling of misty atmosphere very well. In fact the in-focus figures on the right become a counterpoint to the center. Playing arm-chair critic (easy to do after the fact!!) I'd think of reframing the shot with a bit more included to the left, and a bit less on the right.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back