The Big Site change

Why can't we like our own posts? I usually like mine, but how will everyone else know that?

:lol:

Josh, thank you for the tip about the BBCode. It worked well when I added a photo to the Sky Theme thread. I didn't use that method here as it doesn't need to be linked back.

Here's a screenshot of that, after I had clicked on the image to bring it to the larger size. I like the darker background, but wish that the immediate border around the photo were darker, rather than bright white.

5462860204_6c336f8568_b.jpg

Why can't we like our own posts? I usually like mine, but how will everyone else know that?

:lmao: I said the same thing! I often like what I say, so why can't I actually LIKE it?

:lmao: I said the same thing! I often like what I say, so why can't I actually LIKE it?

I think it must go back to the differences between:

"A penny for your thoughts"

and

"Here's my two cents on the subject"

We always value our own opinion more than others'...

:lmao:

Josh, thank you for the tip about the BBCode. It worked well when I added a photo to the Sky Theme thread. I didn't use that method here as it doesn't need to be linked back.

Here's a screenshot of that, after I had clicked on the image to bring it to the larger size. I like the darker background, but wish that the immediate border around the photo were darker, rather than bright white.

5462860204_6c336f8568_b.jpg
How did you post that so that it opens up above the window?

Everything I've tried just opens in a new tab... Even your image in this quote appears to be posted the same way I tried, but mine weren't clickable. We'll see if your's still is when I post this... I'm thinking that there must be some extra code or something that didn't copy when I quote you.

The way I've been doing it just links the picture to a bigger copy that opens in a new tab. Either that, or it links to the page on Flickr, like the new 'share' thing does now. I used to do basically the exact same thing that does, it just involved a lot more copying and pasting, and a few open tabs...

edit
OK, now your picture in my quote just opens up on this tab. The same picture in your post opens in a floating frame above the window...

OK, I guess that's just the way they get posted from Flickr now... I don't know if Flickr changed, or if it's part of the forum upgrade (leaning towards the latter though).

edit
It's the forum... Pictures on other forums linked the same way still go back to Flickr.

Josh, I'm posting this copying the BBCode as you suggested, and just pasting into this quick reply box. When you click on the image itself, does it open in a separate window in front of the background like the screenshot I posted above?

apricot in winter by johngpt, on Flickr

Okay, that was weird. Immediately after posting, I clicked on that image and rather than doing what I thought, it opened to the url of flickr. Then the second time I clicked on the image, it did what it's supposed to do, opening larger in that dark background. I think if we click too soon, TPF hasn't had enough time to embed the image properly. And it will probably only happen with our own images, as when others post, there will be plenty of time before we see it.

Why don't you try posting one of your images here and I'll let you know what happens when I click on it.

(hope this isn't hijacking :) )

I clicked on mine right after posting it, and it just opened the image on this tab - no dark background. I'll try again after a while and see if anything changes...

edit
Just tried it again, and now it opens on the dark background. It seems that it does need a few minutes to load to the forum or something...

Thanks.

That's weird that it doesn't work right away.

I looked around in the User CP, but I didn't see anything that looked like it could change the settings of it... Probably stuck with the white border, lol.

Mr. eKool,, YouTube links no longer show up on on iPad's or iPhones. They used to with no problem.

Add it to the list of fixes.

OK guys, we have a solution for the images that works similar to the older one. I think this is a great compromise for now... Unfortunately I just can't think of a way to bring up a "photo viewer" similar to the highslide and still allow the image to be clicked for the destination URL. This system is nearly identical to the older software.

Mr. eKool,, YouTube links no longer show up on on iPad's or iPhones. They used to with no problem.

Add it to the list of fixes.

You mean the embedded videos no longer show up or text links? Example?

Most reactions

Back