the BIGGEST truck ever

Damn... I've never seen a highway load with FOUR pushers! I'd love to know what that rolled the scale at.

That's train territory..

Wow!

Damn... I've never seen a highway load with FOUR pushers! I'd love to know what that rolled the scale at.

How does throttle and steering get controlled?
How does it turn corners?
Coordination - everyone's on a radio. You hold set revs and shift on command from whomever's lead - there's a reason the trucks are all the same. Steering is more a judgement call as it's progressive. Lead calls the start of the turn and the secondary and pushers turn with the load. This one would have been especially tricky as the guys pushing are side by side... I can promise you they didn't just hook up and start driving; there were a few dry runs before-hand.

Coordination - everyone's on a radio. You hold set revs and shift on command from whomever's lead - there's a reason the trucks are all the same. Steering is more a judgement call as it's progressive. Lead calls the start of the turn and the secondary and pushers turn with the load. This one would have been especially tricky as the guys pushing are side by side... I can promise you they didn't just hook up and start driving; there were a few dry runs before-hand.

Are the links between the various sets of tractors flexible?

Are the links between the various sets of tractors flexible?
They're normally a rigid link with a pivot at each end to allow for turns. Basically a steel pole with a ring on each end, fitted into a pintel hook on the truck.

The dolly wheels also steer.

The tractors shift and brake in unison.

Most reactions

Back