The Birth of an Idea

Village Idiot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I decided to actually start a post this week.

I find I do this a lot. I'll photograph something and then in the follow day, week, month, or what ever I find that there's something I want to go back and expand on. Some times it'll be from an actual shoot or sometimes it'll be from a crappy snapshot while I'm dicking around with my friends. Unfortunately, some of them involve a lot of work and I'm still working on them after two or three months.

Here's my latest idea. I'm helping a friend do body work to his car and priming it so it can be painted. The guy who owns the house/garage we're working at wanted to burn the tires off so I took about 30 seconds to bust out the flash before he started smoking the tires off. Everyone was doing a bit of drinking so patience wasn't there. This was just one of the snaps that actually came out a bit.

The new idea? 300Z vs. 350Z lit up and lighting them up.

The inspiration?

Anyone else tend to draw inspiration from their own photography?

Yup, I admittedly see a lot of my shots and wonder "why didn't i think of this while i was there?". Then i will head back with whatever it is i want to implement and reshoot. I just ignorantly lost over 1000 photos in my lightroom upgrade or else i would post some examples

Hey, if you got a 350z layin around why not

I'm just the opposite in a way but also the same too. I think about how I would do it with unlimited funds and equipment and then scale those concepts to fit whatever I have on hand or to my current energy level - whichever takes precedence. ;) Then if the result + photoshop doesn't cut it I occasionally go back and try to build it up a bit like you guys are saying.

I'm always interested in better cheaper techniques - that's for sure.

Cool shot BTW V.I. !

nice shot love the effects...i think that is the effects..

Yup, I admittedly see a lot of my shots and wonder "why didn't i think of this while i was there?". Then i will head back with whatever it is i want to implement and reshoot. I just ignorantly lost over 1000 photos in my lightroom upgrade or else i would post some examples

Hey, if you got a 350z layin around why not

The best thing about everyone knowing you're a photographer is the available resources. I was talking to so guy that was a a party the the neighbors were having and eventually we settled on I get a free detail (since he's a detailer) and I get to use his NISMO 350Z for some photos since it's basically like a show car.

Most reactions

Back