the body triptych - *may not be work safe*

motcon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
group-11.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
abstract female form. all darkroom work.

trypc.jpg

nikon f100
hie@200
#25 filter
dev in pmk pyro
sepia toned print

The first one is really excellent...the other two don't quite give me the same message. Maybe too overt?

Not often I can say that I enjoyed just 'looking' at a photograph, but these were so nice I can say that. I just enjoyed looking at them. Like the grain, perhaps larger resolutions?

Two thumbs up on all.

it's a tryptic; all three go together in the final composition. this is the reason for smaller images; the physical size of the umatted arrangement: 14x6.

damn, i'm getting old.

metro: this tryptic is comprised of 3 images from a single frame. my intention is to give the overall composition of the female in 3 parts.

Christopher: thanks for the comments. most of my work sits somewhere between the staunch conventional and the deranged creative which makes it somewhat difficult to process (hence the reason the artist is single at 30+ :) ) the grain is a result of the hie film; i love to use it in certain applications. re: size, see above comment.

Curiosity: Is the image as presented above the same layout as the actual final product, or is it horizontal to emulate old altarpiece tryptics? I assume the former, since you posted it that way, but I think the latter would rock, but that's just the art historian in me...

i like the first one the best. the second one is ok but I dont like the third. Women's privates just really dont work well in my opinion, when it comes to photography.. Only a few I've seen that work well..

adam

I Like them, good work, this kind of work i like the most, abstract with respect for the female shape, If women's privates are taken on photo they should be taken with most of respect from the photographer and these photo's are exactly taken the way they should be taken, not at all a problem with them, keep up the good work i would say.

oriecat said:
Curiosity: Is the image as presented above the same layout as the actual final product, or is it horizontal to emulate old altarpiece tryptics? I assume the former, since you posted it that way, but I think the latter would rock, but that's just the art historian in me...

orie; bravo, my dear. i originally decided to go against tradition and bent an aluminum slab on which i mounted the photos as you see them. it was a free standing bottom anchor piece. it's something that i thought of in the hour before i finally close my eyes...

but.

you analyzed perfectly as the traditional triptych holds its place for a reason; it is elegant. my original arrangement is what you see above. my subsequent and ongoing arrangement is in the traditional style.

beautiful observation, orie.

def:
http://www.artnet.com/library/08/0862/T086221.ASP

example of tradition (top of page):
http://members.aol.com/hartel70/ren1300.html

QP said:
I Like them, good work, this kind of work i like the most, abstract with respect for the female shape, If women's privates are taken on photo they should be taken with most of respect from the photographer and these photo's are exactly taken the way they should be taken, not at all a problem with them, keep up the good work i would say.

ty QP.

motcon said:
[snips]beautiful observation, orie.

Thanks mot. It's good to know 5 years of college and a BA in art history haven't completely failed me. ;) I haven't forgotten everything! Except how to spell triptych, I knew it didn't look right...

I was just thinking that it would be a good way to show that if anything is worth worshipping, it's the beauty of the body, and not a bunch of dead people.

oriecat said:
.... and not a bunch of dead people.

well, the body has yet to be recovered. o_O

I was just thinking that it would be a good way to show that if anything is worth worshipping, it's the beauty of the body....

couldn't agree more, orie. a life ruled by fear and shame is confined to the first tier of Maslow's pyramid; such a pity. the body demands celebration and worship; direct opposition to these would be stifling.

oh, and orie....an education (and above that a degree) in art history is admirable; i'm sure your appreciation of what you see in the world is far and away deeper and more appreciative than most.

commendable.

/me tips hat.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back