The boys of summer

EJBPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just a dramatic b/w to share. Three little boys and their dirty summer time feet. It's almost got an Appalachian feel to it I think- a slight Sally Mann vibe. Mostly just sharing- thanks so much for looking! :)

6cs2c5x.png

I like that shot despite of the fact that for me it looks like massive hanging :pale::pale::pale:

Haha oh my, I didn't think of that :) I should have included more of the bench! Thanks for commenting everyone.

I like that shot despite of the fact that for me it looks like massive hanging :pale::pale::pale:

That was my first impression :lol:

Cool shot though!

oh that's grim.

Good idea, but it doesn't seem to communicate the (original) intention.

I think you guys are just morbid :p No one on my other forum thought that. Oh well, I edited it differently for the client anyway, this was just my personal play. For the client it was very light hearted and soft. We'll see how they interpret it.

Thanks Emma :) I don't post in the general gallery much lately- more so in people and pets... just cause I suppose. I go back and forth. Thanks for replying!

Lol, I thought it was a nice photo until I read the comments. Whoooops.

But I like it....maybe the processing is a little dark....that must be it. Hehe.

I love the dark toning and gritty feel - but yes, a scene from Gladiator does come to mind :lol:

Stong image...I think the morbidness maybe would be relieved if maybe catching the just above the knees?

the border goes well with the shot

Erin.
To me your B&W always Rock! Do you use channels in Photoshop and play with the red? Is it a Duotone./ Tritone? OR do you not wanna say.. :)

Dianah

Clarkkent, I'm sure it would be... but this is an in camera crop. Darn...

Thanks to everyone who commented- the good and the bad! :)

Dianah, Thanks so much :) I think what you're noticing is how I make everything a little chocolate, right? Once I do that I tend to desaturate the color a little bit so it's not so strong. Here is what my color balance usually looks like for the tones I want- a little more yellow definitely.

4v7j814.jpg

Most reactions

Back