The Brochure Said Primitive Luxury In The Woods????

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Luxury? Was the brochure chiseled in stone?:biglaugh:
That last pic makes me laugh.

Someone had written in the dust of the window pane. I really wanted to pull it out better, but it was so faint that this was the best I could do.

What? The place had running water and his / hers sinks! What more could you ask for?

@benhasajeep And apparently they had electricity at one time because the houses were wired, but the wires were cut at the boxes on the outside. Strangely there was no sign of electrical service coming into the area anywhere, so not sure how it was being supplied.

Was probably the hamster that wrote "Help Me " on the window, furiously turning his little wheel that supplied the power!

It should say - demolition condition.
As for power, it could have been a generator.

It should say - demolition condition.
As for power, it could have been a generator.

I didn't think about it when I was there, but there is a stream not far from the ghost town, and further up the mountain is an old Hotel/lodge. From what I've seen of the stream it would likely support a small hydro plant. I haven't been up to the hotel, because it's been under restoration for the past couple years, and closed off to the public.

#3 is my fave.

Mine also. I actually came back to this, having passed it up on the first walk through the old houses, as being to dangerous. The roof was unstable, they had placed 4x4's to keep it from falling in (two visible on the left), the third one (not visible) was bowed severely under the weight, so I was a little apprehensive at even being in the house. I re-entered later through a window to a room with door that opened into this room, and this is what I saw through the door. I remembered the advise about moving around.

I like #1 the best.

I liked that one as well, though if I were to shoot it again, I might change the angle just a bit.

Most reactions

Back